During San Diego Comic Con, we learned that Kodansha Comics was planning a deluxe edition of the Ghost In The Shell manga to be released alongside the feature film in March that somewhat controversially stars Scarlet Johansson in the lead role. But in a surprise move today, the company has apparently released the series digitally for Kindle, Nook, Apple iBooks, comiXology, Motorola StarTAC, and other digital platforms. Volumes released include Ghost in the Shell, Ghost in the Shell 2: Man-Machine Interface and Ghost in the Shell 1.5: Human-Error Processor by Masamune Shirow, as well as spinoff series Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex Volumes 1-5 by Yu Kinutani. Kodansha notes that “volumes 1, 2, and 1.5 are the classic Studio Proteus translations by Frederik Schodt, Toren Smith, Tom Orzechowski, and Suzie Lee.”
The deluxe hardcover editions previously announced will be released on January 31. You can see a preview on Kodansha’s website.
- Scarlett Johansson Talks Bruce And Natasha's Complicated Relationship In 'Infinity War'
- Report: Chevy Chase Involved in Road Rage Altercation - February 23, 2018
- Bam Bam Bigelow, Kid Rock Rumored as Last 2018 WWE Hall of Fame Inductees - February 23, 2018
- What Does Joss Whedon’s Departure from Batgirl Mean for the DCEU and the Snyder Cut? - February 23, 2018
- David F. Walker and Chris Samnee Say Goodbye to Marvel - February 23, 2018
- Roxane Gay Vies for Batgirl Job on Twitter, DC Exec Responds - February 23, 2018