During San Diego Comic Con, we learned that Kodansha Comics was planning a deluxe edition of the Ghost In The Shell manga to be released alongside the feature film in March that somewhat controversially stars Scarlet Johansson in the lead role. But in a surprise move today, the company has apparently released the series digitally for Kindle, Nook, Apple iBooks, comiXology, Motorola StarTAC, and other digital platforms. Volumes released include Ghost in the Shell, Ghost in the Shell 2: Man-Machine Interface and Ghost in the Shell 1.5: Human-Error Processor by Masamune Shirow, as well as spinoff series Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex Volumes 1-5 by Yu Kinutani. Kodansha notes that “volumes 1, 2, and 1.5 are the classic Studio Proteus translations by Frederik Schodt, Toren Smith, Tom Orzechowski, and Suzie Lee.”
The deluxe hardcover editions previously announced will be released on January 31. You can see a preview on Kodansha’s website.
- Scarlett Johansson Talks Bruce And Natasha's Complicated Relationship In 'Infinity War'
- Stan Sakai Named Inaugural Joe Kubert Award Winner By Comic Con Revolution, Kubert School - May 20, 2018
- X-ual Healing: Cable #157, Continuity Porn Even a New Reader Can Enjoy - May 19, 2018
- X-ual Healing: Acanti Sky-Whales, Brood-Wolves, and Flying Brood-Sharks, Oh My, in Weapon H #3 - May 19, 2018
- X-ual Healing – A Heel Turn for Weapon X in Hunt for Wolverine: The Claws of a Killer #1 - May 19, 2018
- Hasbro Trademarks the Smell of Play-Doh - May 19, 2018