Punk rock guitarist turned innovative film director Gore Verbinski has returned to the directorial chair for the first time since his 2013 film The Lone Ranger. That being the fifth Johnny Depp movie the director did in a ten-year span, having only taken a break to do the Weather Man with Nicolas Cage.
In his new film, Verbinski tells the story of an ambitious young executive (Dane DeHaan) is sent to retrieve his company’s CEO from a mysterious wellness center located in a remote area of the Swiss Alps run by Jason Isaacs. But soon he is caught up in the strange treatments and the terrifying secrets that will test his sanity. And though he just came to retrieve his boss, he may never leave.
Verbinski is well suited for a psychological thriller like this, probably more so than the big budget films he’s been focused on for the last decade.
A Cure for Wellness opens February 17th, 2017.
- NFL Post-Mortem: The 2017 Baltimore Ravens - February 22, 2018
- Titans Season 1: Jake Michaels Cast as Robotman for Doom Patrol Appearance - February 22, 2018
- A Tweet from Kylie Jenner Sent Snapchat’s Stock Plummeting - February 22, 2018
- Bosch Star Titus Welliver to Deal Meth on Chicago P.D. - February 22, 2018
- Krypton Season 1: Is this Really an Adam Strange Series in Disguise? - February 22, 2018