Punk rock guitarist turned innovative film director Gore Verbinski has returned to the directorial chair for the first time since his 2013 film The Lone Ranger. That being the fifth Johnny Depp movie the director did in a ten-year span, having only taken a break to do the Weather Man with Nicolas Cage.
In his new film, Verbinski tells the story of an ambitious young executive (Dane DeHaan) is sent to retrieve his company’s CEO from a mysterious wellness center located in a remote area of the Swiss Alps run by Jason Isaacs. But soon he is caught up in the strange treatments and the terrifying secrets that will test his sanity. And though he just came to retrieve his boss, he may never leave.
Verbinski is well suited for a psychological thriller like this, probably more so than the big budget films he’s been focused on for the last decade.
A Cure for Wellness opens February 17th, 2017.
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018