Punk rock guitarist turned innovative film director Gore Verbinski has returned to the directorial chair for the first time since his 2013 film The Lone Ranger. That being the fifth Johnny Depp movie the director did in a ten-year span, having only taken a break to do the Weather Man with Nicolas Cage.
In his new film, Verbinski tells the story of an ambitious young executive (Dane DeHaan) is sent to retrieve his company’s CEO from a mysterious wellness center located in a remote area of the Swiss Alps run by Jason Isaacs. But soon he is caught up in the strange treatments and the terrifying secrets that will test his sanity. And though he just came to retrieve his boss, he may never leave.
Verbinski is well suited for a psychological thriller like this, probably more so than the big budget films he’s been focused on for the last decade.
A Cure for Wellness opens February 17th, 2017.
- Robots Vs. Princesses Finds a Home at Dynamite - May 25, 2018
- Costume Department Logo Hints at Villain for Marvel’s Daredevil Season 3 - May 25, 2018
- Emily Bett Rickards Talks the Future for Felicity Smoak in Arrow Season 7 - May 25, 2018
- Dynamite Collects Red Sonja Stories from The Savage Sword of Conan - May 25, 2018
- Arrow Season 7: Which Version of Roy Harper are We Getting? - May 24, 2018