And that included Fresh Off The Boat, by Gene Luen Yang from Boom! Studios.
The same name as the TV sitcom on ABC, based on the story Fresh Off the Boat: A Memoir by Eddie Huang, which covers similar territory to Yang’s American Born Chinese.
I’m sure Boom will be saying more about what appears to be a TV/comics collaboration when they all wake up.
UPDATE: They woke up!
Boasting 10 million viewers, the critically acclaimed family comedy series Fresh Off the Boat (Tuesdays at 9pm on ABC) comes to the world of comics for Free Comic Book Day 2017! Fresh Off the Boat is the story of a Taiwanese-American family living in Orlando in the 1990s and comically explores themes of immigration, assimilation, and identity. BOOM! Studios teams with producers 20th Century Fox Television and the creative team of Fresh Off the Boat to capture the show’s authentic spirit and humor in comic form. Watch for this comic to be written into a storyline in a Spring episode of the TV series, then pick up a copy on Free Comic Book Day!
- America’s New Cultural Invasion Is Manhwa, Korean Webcomics - November 18, 2017
- Silver Sprocket Signs Distro Deal With Devil – Otherwise Known As Diamond Comic Distributors - November 18, 2017
- Dark Horse Launces Buffy Spinoff ‘Giles’ By Joss Whedon, Erika Alexander, And Jon Lam In February 2018 Solicits - November 18, 2017
- Alan Moore Knows The Score – He’s Sixty-Four - November 18, 2017
- Neal Adams Calls For Auschwitz Museum To Return Paintings To Dina Babbit - November 17, 2017