An art event called Handbills of Subversion will be taking over the MF Gallery in Brooklyn, with an opening night show on January 20th from 7-10 pm. The show will be populated by handbill sized art created by over 70 artists to protest the Trump administration. More than just protesting, these artists are selling their work for $120 each with all proceeds to benefit the ACLU and Planned Parenthood, further supporting their vision.
The exhibition is curated by Sarah Antoinette Martin, and comic fans take note that Babs Tarr, Becky Cloonan, Lucy Knisley, Nick Gazin, Sean Pryor, and Vanessa del Rey have all donated art to the show, alongside many others.
The artwork will be “cash and carry” if you’d like to attend and make a purchase.
For more information, or to show your support, you can follow @handbillsofsubversion on Instagram.
- Doctor Who Comes to BBC’s Children In Need Again - October 23, 2018
- The Daily LITG, 23rd October 2018 – Happy Birthday, Joe Illidge - October 23, 2018
- Dark Horse Comics Liquidates 48 Conan Collections - October 22, 2018
- Will Bunker Come to Titans TV Season 2? - October 22, 2018
- Warren Ellis Tells You What to Expect in Castlevania Season 2 From Netflix - October 22, 2018