An art event called Handbills of Subversion will be taking over the MF Gallery in Brooklyn, with an opening night show on January 20th from 7-10 pm. The show will be populated by handbill sized art created by over 70 artists to protest the Trump administration. More than just protesting, these artists are selling their work for $120 each with all proceeds to benefit the ACLU and Planned Parenthood, further supporting their vision.
The exhibition is curated by Sarah Antoinette Martin, and comic fans take note that Babs Tarr, Becky Cloonan, Lucy Knisley, Nick Gazin, Sean Pryor, and Vanessa del Rey have all donated art to the show, alongside many others.
The artwork will be “cash and carry” if you’d like to attend and make a purchase.
For more information, or to show your support, you can follow @handbillsofsubversion on Instagram.
- SOLO Continues the Fireflying of the Star Wars Universe – A Review - May 24, 2018
- Rebellion to Publish Comics Based On Their Sniper Elite Games in August - May 24, 2018
- 2000AD Publisher Relaunches Classic British Comics as the Rebellion-Verse - May 24, 2018
- Michael Uslan Brings Back Dinosaucers in Lion Forge’s August 2018 Solicits - May 24, 2018
- Dave Sim Creates Nick Calm, Agent of C.O.D.P.I.E.C.E. - May 24, 2018