The countdown to The Great Wall has begun. Legendary Comics is releasing a prequel graphic novel to the movie, which will reveal important backstory on the secret society of heroes who have been defending the world from within the Great Wall. The book will launch January 24, just weeks prior to the launch of the film in the united States. The 128-page graphic novel is written by Arvid Nelson and drawn by Gian Fernando. It will be released January 24th.
The Great Wall: Last Survivor
Writer: Arvid Nelson Artist: Gian Fernando
What if an army was created to defend our world from an enemy so dangerous, its very existence must be kept a secret? Built to keep out the ferocious Tao Tei, The Great Wall is the most powerful defensive structure ever built; but it is the heroes within that make the wall great: The Nameless Order. Set sixty years prior to the film, in the mysterious lands of ancient China, tragedy forces young Bao into joining The Nameless Order and upholding the corps’ four principles: Discipline, Loyalty, Secrecy, and Sacrifice. Challenged by rivals, haunted by his past, and tested by desires, Bao spends his life preparing for one singular moment: when he will have to defend the world from ferocious monsters that have come to devour us all.
The Great Wall: Last Survivor is written by Arvid Nelson (Rex Mundi) with art by Gian Fernando (13 Legends). The cover art is by Whilce Portacio. Release Date: 1/24/17
- Valiant Teases New Icons With Felipe Massafera - February 20, 2017
- New Atari Comics From Dynamite Starts With Swordquest - February 20, 2017
- Mr. Mxyzptlk Comes To National City In Supergirl Sneak Peeks - February 20, 2017
- Kieron Gillen To Write James Bond: Service, An Over-Sized Comic Book Special, With Antonio Fuso - February 20, 2017
- Bill Sienkiewicz Talks David Haller And The Legion TV Series - February 19, 2017