18 months ago, Bleeding Cool covered an earlier editorial plan for the X-Men titles, that the emergence of the Terrigen Mists would mean that the mutants would leave the Earth for another planet.
That was when the X-editor was Mike Marts and lead writer was Rick Remender. But Marts went off to start AfterShock Comics and Remender moved to Image Comics for a line of books.
And the team that came in to replace them, Mark Paniccia and Jeff Lemire, carried aspects of that on but kept the X-Men in Limbo – literally – for a while. And now with the X-Men getting a greater resurgence in the Marvel Comics field next year, it looks like it will be the X-Men who stay on Earth and the Inhumans who get booted out into space.
Today’s Inhumans Vs X-Men #1 is where the reversal begins.
Though it seems that The Beast is still wistful for the Marts/Remender plan…
Writer Jeff Lemire is also underlining the long-term effects of all this in today’s Old Man Logan, too.
Time for ResurrXion… Oh and the scenes that led to Cyclops being labeled public enemy number one? I’ve had it confirmed that there are no more revelations to come on that, it was down the
Oh and the scenes that led to Cyclops being labeled public enemy number one? I’ve had it confirmed that there are no more revelations to come on that, it was down the the telepathic call, the destruction of the first Terrigen cloud and the death of Alchemy. Looks like plans may have changed since these scenes were written as well…
Mass murderer? When?
IVX #1 is published today by Marvel Comics.
- Full Boom Studios Catalog For December 2018 Solicitations Sees Grant Morrison and Dan Mora Return to Klaus - September 18, 2018
- Comic Creator Tim Yates Pleads Guilty to Distribution of Child Pornography - September 18, 2018
- Full Dynamite Entertainment December 2018 Solicitations Sees Vampirella Vs Reanimator and Hack/Slash Vs Chaos - September 18, 2018
- Full Image Comics December 2018 Solicitations – Spawn Kills Everyone Too, Die, Hardcore, The Freeze, Self-Made - September 18, 2018
- Nightwing May Be Losing His Dick But Batman Is Getting One - September 18, 2018