Every so often, comic book publishers send out previews of upcoming comics without any of the lettering finished. The result, while pretty to look at, leaves readers wondering just what the hell is going on in those pages. Well, wonder no more.
Here at Bleeding Cool, we have combined decades of experience in reading comic books, so we can tell what’s happening, even without the words. Using that knowledge, we’ve lettered these previews ourselves, using our best guess at what the dialog should actually be. We can’t guarantee 100% accuracy- in fact, our accuracy may be much lower than that – but we can guarantee that it’s better than looking at a bunch of unfinished pages.
In this issue of Improbable Previews, we look at Uncanny Avengers #18, which is, apparently, a comic that is still being published. Written by Gerry Duggan with art by Pepe Larraz, the comic is billed as “Civil War Aftermath,” but honestly, we don’t see what anything in these pages has to do with Civil War. Or, for that matter, what any individual page has to do with the other pages. But no matter – we’ll do our best anyway, because we know you’re counting on us. Uncanny Avengers #18 hits stores on December 28.
- Scott Snyder Explains “Dark Nights: Metal,” DC’s Dark Multiverse, Life, The Universe, And Everything - May 22, 2017
- Following Two Departures After Season Finale, Sasheer Zamata Also Left Saturday Night Live - May 22, 2017
- On World Goth Day, A Nico Minoru Tease Signals A New Runaways Series For 2017 - May 22, 2017
- Report: Spider-Man Homecoming’s Tom Holland Will Play Nathan Drake In Shawn Levy’s Uncharted Movie - May 22, 2017
- Impact President Ed Nordholm: WWE “Not Interested” In Broken Hardys Gimmick - May 22, 2017