Every so often, comic book publishers send out previews of upcoming comics without any of the lettering finished. The result, while pretty to look at, leaves readers wondering just what the hell is going on in those pages. Well, wonder no more.
Here at Bleeding Cool, we have combined decades of experience in reading comic books, so we can tell what’s happening, even without the words. Using that knowledge, we’ve lettered these previews ourselves, using our best guess at what the dialog should actually be. We can’t guarantee 100% accuracy- in fact, our accuracy may be much lower than that – but we can guarantee that it’s better than looking at a bunch of unfinished pages.
In this issue of Improbable Previews, we look at Uncanny Avengers #18, which is, apparently, a comic that is still being published. Written by Gerry Duggan with art by Pepe Larraz, the comic is billed as “Civil War Aftermath,” but honestly, we don’t see what anything in these pages has to do with Civil War. Or, for that matter, what any individual page has to do with the other pages. But no matter – we’ll do our best anyway, because we know you’re counting on us. Uncanny Avengers #18 hits stores on December 28.
- After Avengers: Infinity War… Avengers: Infinity Gauntlet?! - April 24, 2017
- Is Matthew Rosenberg Angling For Job As The Next Thor Variant Cover Artist? - April 24, 2017
- Dressage Update: Ahead Of Filming Rampage Movie, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson Visits Ranch For Horseplay - April 24, 2017
- “What Might I Call You?” Some Takeaways From American Gods’ First Episode. The Bone Orchard - April 24, 2017
- Jeremy Whitley Responds To Frank Cho’s Unstoppable Wasp Blank Sketch Variant, Or Just Luke Cage Talking About Butts - April 24, 2017