Every so often, comic book publishers send out previews of upcoming comics without any of the lettering finished. The result, while pretty to look at, leaves readers wondering just what the hell is going on in those pages. Well, wonder no more.
Here at Bleeding Cool, we have combined decades of experience in reading comic books, so we can tell what’s happening, even without the words. Using that knowledge, we’ve lettered these previews ourselves, using our best guess at what the dialog should actually be. We can’t guarantee 100% accuracy- in fact, our accuracy may be much lower than that – but we can guarantee that it’s better than looking at a bunch of unfinished pages.
In this issue of Improbable Previews, we look at Uncanny Avengers #18, which is, apparently, a comic that is still being published. Written by Gerry Duggan with art by Pepe Larraz, the comic is billed as “Civil War Aftermath,” but honestly, we don’t see what anything in these pages has to do with Civil War. Or, for that matter, what any individual page has to do with the other pages. But no matter – we’ll do our best anyway, because we know you’re counting on us. Uncanny Avengers #18 hits stores on December 28.
- Did You Watch Marvel’s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Last Night? You May Be The Only One. - January 18, 2017
- Game Developer Busted For Openly Stating Unspoken Industry Rules In Letter Threatening Blacklist For Bad Reviews - January 18, 2017
- Meet The New Boss, Same As The Old Boss; Dan Buckley Promoted To President Of Marvel Entertainment - January 18, 2017
- Improbable Previews: Marvel Gets The News About DC Digital Codes In Deadpool And The Mercs For Money #8 - January 18, 2017
- M. Knight Shyamalan Threatens To Direct Stranger Things Season 2, Offers Tales From The Crypt Update - January 18, 2017