There’s a few hours left on the clock. But the Kickstarter for Dave Sim‘s Cerebus Archive reproduction of original Cerebus art pages, this time from the book Melmoth, continues.
But not the Oscar Wilde story, these pages focus on the Jim Valentino normalman parody, normalroach, coming up against the Cirinists who are, well, actually this is probably the only time in life the word “feminazis” actually applies. It’s around this point that the comic becomes a meninist dream.
The archive is accompanied with a 10,000 word essay by Sim talking through his thinking at the time. And as we discover, it doesn’t seem to have changed much in the intervening years.
As in our society, the presupposition is “He’s a man. Because he’s a man, he’s automatically guilty of any number of crimes. But what SPECIFIC crime can this SPECIFIC man be charged with in this SPECIFIC context/moment?”
the extremity of the imposition of the fascistic impulse — as inevitable as “trigger warnings”, “safe spaces” and “micro-aggression” in our Feminist Theocratic world — there is no such thing as “small enough” or “unobtrusive enough”
Dave Sim remains Dave Sim. And Cerebus remains Cerebus.
- Barack Panther from Brian Denham in Antarctic Press June 2018 Solicits - March 21, 2018
- DC Comics Launches the DC Boutique for Smaller or More Distant Comic Cons - March 21, 2018
- Christopher Priest Writes The Black Panther Vs. The Justice League (SPOILERS) - March 21, 2018
- All Marvel Comics Trade Paperbacks Out Today Are, Again, 99 Cents on ComiXology - March 21, 2018
- The Avengers Editors Appear to be Keen Bleeding Cool Readers… - March 21, 2018