Since the pilot episode there has been a fun chemistry between Leo Fitz (Iain De Caestecker) and Jemma Simmons (Elizabeth Henstridge), but they’re romantic time together has been anything but fun. Simmons agrees to a date then disappears for a chunk of the season to another planet. They are constantly in danger and most of the time separated. But for fans of Agents of SHIELD’s science couple, things are going to get better. Executive producer Jed Whedon told EW.com:
They’re suffering a little bit from working with the person you’re with. We want to make sure that we get to see them just be together and be FitzSimmons of old. That doesn’t mean there aren’t still bumps in the road ahead, but there’s a reason these two are together, and a reason the audience is rooting for them. So they’ll get over their bumps in the road and we’ll spend some time with them just being a couple and enjoy working together.
I mean betrayal, brain damage, undercover assignments, distant planets, Inhumans, Demons, ghosts, androids and a new director. Just how much does this poor couple have to go through before they get a few weeks of happiness? No other couple on the show works out.
- Classic Wonder Woman Television Series Gets New 3-CD Soundtrack - April 30, 2017
- More Employee Training With Gus Fring: Shipping & Receiving - April 30, 2017
- Who Will Save Alex? Kara And Maggie Must Work Together On Supergirl - April 30, 2017
- Tom Holland, Robert Downey Jr And Jon Favreau Don’t Understand The Word Secret - April 30, 2017
- Guardians Past $100M in International Box Office Opening - April 30, 2017