Since the pilot episode there has been a fun chemistry between Leo Fitz (Iain De Caestecker) and Jemma Simmons (Elizabeth Henstridge), but they’re romantic time together has been anything but fun. Simmons agrees to a date then disappears for a chunk of the season to another planet. They are constantly in danger and most of the time separated. But for fans of Agents of SHIELD’s science couple, things are going to get better. Executive producer Jed Whedon told EW.com:
They’re suffering a little bit from working with the person you’re with. We want to make sure that we get to see them just be together and be FitzSimmons of old. That doesn’t mean there aren’t still bumps in the road ahead, but there’s a reason these two are together, and a reason the audience is rooting for them. So they’ll get over their bumps in the road and we’ll spend some time with them just being a couple and enjoy working together.
I mean betrayal, brain damage, undercover assignments, distant planets, Inhumans, Demons, ghosts, androids and a new director. Just how much does this poor couple have to go through before they get a few weeks of happiness? No other couple on the show works out.
- New Marvel’s Inhumans Trailer From SDCC - July 20, 2017
- Stargate: Origins – A New Series Is Coming And MGM Wants Fan Input - July 20, 2017
- Noah Hawley Tease’s Next Project As: ‘Doctor Doom’ - July 20, 2017
- Luke Cage’s Theo Rossi Talks The Role Of Shades - July 20, 2017
- Teaser Trailer For Voltron: Legendary Defender Season 3 Released - July 20, 2017