Since the pilot episode there has been a fun chemistry between Leo Fitz (Iain De Caestecker) and Jemma Simmons (Elizabeth Henstridge), but they’re romantic time together has been anything but fun. Simmons agrees to a date then disappears for a chunk of the season to another planet. They are constantly in danger and most of the time separated. But for fans of Agents of SHIELD’s science couple, things are going to get better. Executive producer Jed Whedon told EW.com:
They’re suffering a little bit from working with the person you’re with. We want to make sure that we get to see them just be together and be FitzSimmons of old. That doesn’t mean there aren’t still bumps in the road ahead, but there’s a reason these two are together, and a reason the audience is rooting for them. So they’ll get over their bumps in the road and we’ll spend some time with them just being a couple and enjoy working together.
I mean betrayal, brain damage, undercover assignments, distant planets, Inhumans, Demons, ghosts, androids and a new director. Just how much does this poor couple have to go through before they get a few weeks of happiness? No other couple on the show works out.
- Writer’s Commentary – Ben Fisher On The End Of The Great Divide - March 23, 2017
- Felicity Smoak Is Getting A Costume - March 23, 2017
- Writer’s Commentary – Scott Lobdell On Army Of Darkness / Xena: Forever… And A Day Conclusion - March 23, 2017
- The Dark Secret Of Oliver Queen - March 23, 2017
- Joe Manganiello Busts Out His Geek In New Series CelebriD&D - March 23, 2017