X-Men star Jennifer Lawrence apologized via Facebook today for comments she made on the Graham Norton Show about defiling rocks at a sacred site with her butt while filming The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, according to a report from Entertainment Weekly.
“We were filming in Hawaii and there were sacred rocks,” Lawrence told Norton on the BBC One show. “They were, I don’t know, ancestors, who knows. They were sacred, and you’re not supposed to sit on them because you’re not supposed to expose your genitalia to them.”
But Lawrence had an urge more powerful than than the cultural tradition.
“Oh my god, they were so good for butt itching,” Lawrence explained, scooting her butt on the couch to demonstrate as the crowd roared with laughter. “I’d just be like, ‘oooohhhh!'”
“One rock that I was butt scratching on ended up coming loose,” Lawrence continued, barely able to contain her laughter. “It was a giant boulder and it rolled down the mountain and almost killed our sound guy. And his whole station got destroyed. It was like pwooo! It was a huge, dramatic deal, and all the Hawaiians were like, ‘Oh my god, it’s the curse! From our ancestors!’ And I’m in the corner going, ‘I’m your curse.’ I wedged it loose with my ass.”
Naturally, that didn’t go over so well. Lawrence was called on to apologize for her remarks, and a video even surfaced of Lawrence telling an earlier version of the story on Live With Kelly And Michael in 2013, without quite as much joyous laughter.
Today, Lawrence apologized via the following statement:
- WWE Superstar The Miz Angles For Booster Gold Role In DCEU - April 26, 2017
- What Happens Next Now That Jinder Mahal Has Stolen The WWE Championship From Randy Orton? - April 26, 2017
- Is Matt Hardy Teasing The Return Of The Broken Gimmick? - April 26, 2017
- Mark Millar Asks Nick Spencer To Make Spider-Woman A Nazi, Just To **** With Everyone - April 26, 2017
- Mark Millar Announces New Kingsman Comic For September, Coinciding With Golden Circle Movie Release - April 25, 2017