Comic Book‘s Matthew Mueller has noticed in the Inhumans Vs X-Men calendar recently shipped out to retailers, includes an insert advertised an upcoming Venom #150.
You know what that means. Someone at Marvel has added up all the issues of Venom series that have been published over the years and has worked out with an abacus, some string and a bit of gum that the 150th Venom issue would be in May 2017. And so, for one issue, they will renumber the comic to that figure.
And make it a much bigger issue than usual. And charge $10 for it. You know, like they did with Deadpool #200 or similar.
The cover has Venom galloping up the side of a building, and he’s carrying a certain web-slinger in his hand. It looks like there are big things coming from this event, as the text states “The biggest Venom story in ten years!”.
I’m not sure if it’s an actual line-wide event like the Captain America mega-event tease we ran earlier, but it might suck in a few other titles, post-Clone Conspiracy while Amazing Spider-Man gets on with the Peter Parker Vs Norman Osborn fight.
And, asking around, I understand that it’s the return of the original Venom, Eddie Brock…
- Will Spider-Punk Die When He is 27? (Edge of Spider-Geddon and Extermination Spoilers) - August 15, 2018
- Oh and It’s Marvel’s 80th Anniversary in 2019 as Well – the Decades Collections - August 15, 2018
- DC Comics to Celebrate Batman’s 80th Birthday With Detective Comics #1000 – But it All Begins in September - August 15, 2018
- Is Iron Man Appropriating Robo-Culture? Tony Stark: Iron Man #3 Spoilers - August 15, 2018
- A Further Tribute to Steve Ditko in Today’s Peter Parker, Spectacular Spider-Man #308 - August 15, 2018