It’s that time of year again! Time for Marvel to try relaunching Iron Fist as a long-term viable comic book property! This time, the House of Ideas has a little help from the synergy of a Netflix Iron Fist show debuting in March, plus the exciting creative team of Ed Brisson and Mike Perkins. Picking up where the last attempt, 2014’s Iron Fist: The Living Weapon, left off, the new series, apparently titled Iron-O-Fist according to its cover, will launch the same month as the show.
Brisson gave an EXXXCLUSIVE interview to THR’s Graeme “Graham” McMillan this morning to talk about the series. “K’un-Lun is the source of his powers and now that the city lays in ruins, Danny’s connection is severed,” he said. “This affects his ability to actually be Iron Fist. His whole identity seems to be slipping away from him and he doesn’t know how to hold onto it.”
Breaking tradition for promotional comic book interviews, Brisson even discussed the art: “He does great character work and has some serious storytelling chops. Aside from being an incredible artist, Mike is just as excited as I am to be working on Iron Fist. He’s been doing designs for the Seven Masters, who’ll feature prominently in this series, and they’re simply jaw dropping.”
And of course, this wouldn’t be a Bleeding Cool article if we didn’t mention: respectfully, we told you about this at an earlier juncture. Pip pip.
Read the full interview at THR, and check out the cover below.
- Long-Awaited Sequel How to Paint Characters the Marvel Studios Way to Hit Stores in April 2019 - August 16, 2018
- Ninja-K #11 Preview is Perfect Jumping-on Point for Jumping-on Point of Ninja-K #11 - August 16, 2018
- Image Unveils Weatherman #4 Variant by Bengal - August 16, 2018
- Archie Revisits His Roots as Riverdale Goes to War in Archie ’41 Preview - August 16, 2018
- Lightstep: Dark Horse to Publish Miloš Slavković’s Space Opera in November - August 16, 2018