Scott Buck, who is the current showrunner for Marvel’s Iron Fist, has been tapped to lead the new Marvel / ABC series Inhumans. The series will be making its debut in IMAX theaters, so Buck is up for a challenge to produce big-screen worth TV right off the bat.
Iron Fist was the first gig Buck took since being the showrunner for the last three seasons of Dexter. He’s also worked on Six Feet Under, Rome and Coach. He’s also the showrunner for Marvel’s The Defenders.
The Inhumans series that was announced on November 14th is still a bit of a mystery. The strait to series order came with the understanding that this was not a spin-off of Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD nor was it taking the place of the feature film. It’s set to star the Inhuman royal family which includes Black Bolt and Medusa. The first two episodes will debut in IMAX theaters across the country for two weeks starting Labor Day weekend 2017 before the series will make it’s debut on ABC.
How this will effect any second season of Iron Fist remains to be seen.
- Agents of SHIELD Season 5, Episode 22 Recap: The End - May 19, 2018
- HBO Chooses the Cleveland Browns for the New Season of Hard Knocks - May 18, 2018
- Krypton Season 1: Decrypting Episode 9, ‘Hope’ - May 18, 2018
- Supergirl Season 3: Who is Coville’s Cult Worshiping Now? - May 18, 2018
- Agents of SHIELD Season 5: 2 Sneak Peeks at Tonight’s Season Finale - May 18, 2018