Last weekend, Amazing Spider-Man star Emma Stone hosted Saturday Night Live, resulting in sketches like this:
And resulting in Donald Trump tweets like this:
Just tried watching Saturday Night Live – unwatchable! Totally biased, not funny and the Baldwin impersonation just can't get any worse. Sad
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 4, 2016
Next week, WWE star John Cena hosts the show for the first time. Wrestlers don’t get to host SNL that often, at least not since the Attitude Era, or unless they’re The Rock, so it’s a pretty big deal for Cena to get the gig. From his performance in Trainwreck, it’s clear that Cena can be funny. And as Bleeding Cool reported last week, Cena has recently been cast to star in an upcoming comedy, The Pact.
Is this another sign of pro wrestling’s increasing pop culture relevance? Or is it another sign that Cena is on his way out of a wrestling career in an attempt to follow in the footsteps of The Rock? Maybe it’s both. Tune in on Saturday at 11:30PM Eastern and see for yourself.
- In Shocking Twist, Wrestling Media Reveals Final WWE 2018 Hall of Fame Inductee, Mark Henry - March 19, 2018
- X-Men: Bland Design – X-citing X-Position X-ists in X-Men Blue #23 - March 18, 2018
- Dieselfunk Dispatch: An Overview of Comics Distribution Channels - March 18, 2018
- X-Men: Bland Design – Building the Wall in Astonishing X-Men #9 - March 18, 2018
- X-Men: Bland Design – New Mutants: Dead Souls Isn’t Your Average Movie Cash-In - March 18, 2018