The trailer for the fifth Transformers movie, Transformers: The Last Knight, is due to drop sometime today so that means that director Michael Bay is out doing press. The only things that are bigger than the Transformers movies are comic book movies so naturally people, in this case Collider, have started to ask Bay what he thinks of the genre and if he’d like to be involved.
“I wouldn’t want to, it’s not my thing, it’s just not my gig,” Bay explained. “I don’t ever wanna take someone like a third of something or second of something. I gotta do my own thing,” Bay continued, “’cause the most fun is when a real director creates the world. You know, you talk to Ridley Scott, one our favorite things to do is to create the world. Steven Spielberg, create the world. That is what it’s about.” Adding, “If I were to do something I would have to redo it my way.”
So it sounds like Bay would much rather create his own universe rather than step into a fully formed one. However, unlike other directors who have said they wouldn’t want to direct a comic book movie, Bay at least appears to respect the genre.
“I really liked Civil War. I like a lot of the Marvel movies,” he told the journalists on set. “When I saw Iron Man, it broke a lot of new ground for me, and it was a great character. Funny, witty, I liked that about it.”
It appears that Bay is going to continue to do his own thing and not enter the comic book scene anytime soon. Unless someone wants to hand him the reins of a new universe.
- Mile 22 Review: A Genuine Waste of Iko Uwais’s Talents - August 16, 2018
- Iron Fist Season 2: Simone Missick Comments on the Potential of a Danny/Misty Relationship - August 16, 2018
- Alpha Review: A Very Slow-Moving Survival Story - August 16, 2018
- New International Trailer for Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween - August 16, 2018
- Paul Walker’s Brothers Want His Character Back in the Fast and Furious Movies - August 16, 2018