From my talks with lots of game developers, it always surprises me how many are addicted to Destiny. From AAA, to indies, there is something about the game that drags some developers in in a big way. This is all circumstantial of course, but it’s true in my experience.
Perhaps unsurprisingly, that extends to Bioware. In an interview with Gamespot, it seems Mass Effect: Andromeda has taken some cues from Bungie’s title. Director Mac Walters explained what they were inspired by in Destiny, and what they tried to take from it.
The fluid movement and very tight combat mechanics. Specifically, camera, controls, and character.
If Destiny gets one thing right, it is the game’s stellar moment to moment mechanics. Despite what you think of it’s framing, even the most ardent detractors usually concede how good it feels to shoot stuff in that game. If Mass Effect: Andromeda‘s combat can feel even close to that good, I’m ll over it.
- Destiny 2’s Next DLC Set to Launch December 4th - November 16, 2018
- THQ Nordic has 35 Unannounced Projects After Acquiring Two New Studios - November 14, 2018
- Overwatch League Team Chengdu Hunters Revealed - November 13, 2018
- Ark: Survival Evolved Hit All Time Peak Players On Steam This Weekend - November 13, 2018
- Despite Activision’s Comments, Destiny 2 Director Says Bungie Aren’t Disappointed With Forsaken - November 12, 2018