All we’d really had in the way of visuals so far around the Noah Hawley (Fargo) helmed Legion was the trailer that had debuted back at the San Diego Comic-Con. Now that’s changed, and not only do we have a shiny new trailer from FX, but we also have confirmation of it’s premiere date.
Slated to air on February 8th at 10 p.m., the show stars Dan Stevens as the titular character. In the original Marvel comic universe, he is the mutant son of Professor Charles Xavier and Gabrielle Haller and suffers from a severe mental illness, including a form of dissociative identity disorder, with each of his personas controlling one of his many superpowers.
In the FX adaptation, which is being set in an alternate universe from the rest of the Marvel television and film universe, he is a schizophrenic being afflicted with auditory and visual hallucinations. Being in and out of hospitals for most of his life, but another new patient reveals that what’s been happing might be more than what’s just been in his head.
Legion also stars Rachel Keller, Aubrey Plaza, Fargo alum Jean Smart, Katie Aselton, Jeremie Harris, Bill Irwin and Amber Midthunder.
- [Review] ‘Crazy Rich Asians’: Not Very Original, but the Charming Cast Carries It - August 17, 2018
- ‘The Meg’ Review: A Popcorn Movie that Keeps to the Shallows - August 10, 2018
- MoviePass Is About to Die – Why No One Will Help Them - July 30, 2018
- Review: ‘Mission: Impossible – Fallout’ Explodes Out of the Gate - July 27, 2018
- Liveblogging From the Eisner Awards at SDCC - July 20, 2018