Combat Jacks is a series of comics from Mark McKenna, Sam Eggleston, and Jason Baroody about a guy named Mordeci Dixon and a group of Space Marines taking on alien pumpkins on the planet Maia. Seriously, alien pumpkins… its like scifi meets Halloween. They’ve successfully Kickstarted the first three issues and are ready to wrap up the series with issue #4.
Combat Jacks was originally a one-shot homage to the 1950’s scifi/horror classics like It Came From Outer Space and Forbidden Planet. But McKenna says that back in 2012, IDW’s Chris Ryall said he would consider publishing a collection if McKenna was able to make a four-issue series.The writer started brainstorming and came up with ideas involving headless horsemen and dinosaurs.
And things rolled from there. Now he’s ready to wrap up the series and has put together some fun rewards to go with the Kickstarter campaign. These include Combat Jacks fingerboards, autographed photos from cosplayer Sapphire Nova and commissions from artists Billy Tucci, Mike Oppenheimer or the Combat Jacks art team.
But my favorite part of the campaign has to be this short film called Punk’n Chunk’n by Ken Cosentino.
- Rosario Dawson on Exploring if Claire Temple is Really Helping - June 23, 2018
- Theo Rossi on How There is Nothing Else Like Marvel’s Luke Cage on Television - June 23, 2018
- Mustafa Shakir on How Nyabinghi Music Helped Him Become Bushmaster - June 23, 2018
- Jeph Loeb on the Successful Formula for the Marvel / Netflix Series - June 23, 2018
- Mike Colter on if Luke Cage Could Ever Get a Tattoo - June 23, 2018