Combat Jacks is a series of comics from Mark McKenna, Sam Eggleston, and Jason Baroody about a guy named Mordeci Dixon and a group of Space Marines taking on alien pumpkins on the planet Maia. Seriously, alien pumpkins… its like scifi meets Halloween. They’ve successfully Kickstarted the first three issues and are ready to wrap up the series with issue #4.
Combat Jacks was originally a one-shot homage to the 1950’s scifi/horror classics like It Came From Outer Space and Forbidden Planet. But McKenna says that back in 2012, IDW’s Chris Ryall said he would consider publishing a collection if McKenna was able to make a four-issue series.The writer started brainstorming and came up with ideas involving headless horsemen and dinosaurs.
And things rolled from there. Now he’s ready to wrap up the series and has put together some fun rewards to go with the Kickstarter campaign. These include Combat Jacks fingerboards, autographed photos from cosplayer Sapphire Nova and commissions from artists Billy Tucci, Mike Oppenheimer or the Combat Jacks art team.
But my favorite part of the campaign has to be this short film called Punk’n Chunk’n by Ken Cosentino.
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018