While George Lucas is a controversial figure nowadays, he still remains a name synonymous with bringing Star Wars to life. It’s not hard to imagine how much reverence filmmakers who were inspired by the original films have for him still.
That is clearly the case for Gareth Edwards. The director spoke at a press event yesterday (via Screen Rant), and revealed that Lucas had seen Rogue One: A Star Ways Story a few days ago, and had given his approval. He said:
Two days ago we got to show George the movie, and we all had a phone call and I got to speak with him yesterday, and I don’t want to put words into his mouth, but I can honestly say that I can die happy now. He really liked the movie. It meant a lot. To be honest, and no offense to anyone here, it was the most important review to me. You know, you guys are important too, but he’s kind of god… I will take that conversation to my grave. His opinion means the world to me.
Here is hoping the rest of us end up liking it too. That would be nice, eh?
- Destiny 2’s Next DLC Set to Launch December 4th - November 16, 2018
- THQ Nordic has 35 Unannounced Projects After Acquiring Two New Studios - November 14, 2018
- Overwatch League Team Chengdu Hunters Revealed - November 13, 2018
- Ark: Survival Evolved Hit All Time Peak Players On Steam This Weekend - November 13, 2018
- Despite Activision’s Comments, Destiny 2 Director Says Bungie Aren’t Disappointed With Forsaken - November 12, 2018