While George Lucas is a controversial figure nowadays, he still remains a name synonymous with bringing Star Wars to life. It’s not hard to imagine how much reverence filmmakers who were inspired by the original films have for him still.
That is clearly the case for Gareth Edwards. The director spoke at a press event yesterday (via Screen Rant), and revealed that Lucas had seen Rogue One: A Star Ways Story a few days ago, and had given his approval. He said:
Two days ago we got to show George the movie, and we all had a phone call and I got to speak with him yesterday, and I don’t want to put words into his mouth, but I can honestly say that I can die happy now. He really liked the movie. It meant a lot. To be honest, and no offense to anyone here, it was the most important review to me. You know, you guys are important too, but he’s kind of god… I will take that conversation to my grave. His opinion means the world to me.
Here is hoping the rest of us end up liking it too. That would be nice, eh?
- Monster Hunter: World’s Third Beta Is Under Way on PlayStation 4 - January 19, 2018
- Call of Duty: WWII Was the Best-Selling Game of 2017, Says Analyst Group - January 19, 2018
- Stardew Valley Was the Most Downloaded Game on Nintendo Switch Last Year - January 19, 2018
- Age of Empires: Definitive Edition Gets New Release Date For PC - January 19, 2018
- Attack on Titan 2 Shows Off Trailers For Gameplay on Both Nintendo Switch and PlayStation Vita - January 19, 2018