While George Lucas is a controversial figure nowadays, he still remains a name synonymous with bringing Star Wars to life. It’s not hard to imagine how much reverence filmmakers who were inspired by the original films have for him still.
That is clearly the case for Gareth Edwards. The director spoke at a press event yesterday (via Screen Rant), and revealed that Lucas had seen Rogue One: A Star Ways Story a few days ago, and had given his approval. He said:
Two days ago we got to show George the movie, and we all had a phone call and I got to speak with him yesterday, and I don’t want to put words into his mouth, but I can honestly say that I can die happy now. He really liked the movie. It meant a lot. To be honest, and no offense to anyone here, it was the most important review to me. You know, you guys are important too, but he’s kind of god… I will take that conversation to my grave. His opinion means the world to me.
Here is hoping the rest of us end up liking it too. That would be nice, eh?
- Valve Say They Have Three Full VR Games In The Works - February 10, 2017
- Roadhog’s Hook Is Getting A Small Nerf And Winston Will Be Harder To Kill In New Overwatch PTR Patch - February 10, 2017
- Project Cars 2 Most Likely Won’t Be Coming To Nintendo Switch - February 10, 2017
- These Halo Wars 2 Adverts Harken Back To When Video Game Commercials Were Good Fun - February 9, 2017
- The Walking Dead: A New Frontier Is Coming To Retail Later This Month; Episode 3 Soon After - February 9, 2017