Come on swing it.
Mark Wahlberg thinks celebrities live in a bubble, and they should stop talking about politics. The Boogie Nights star was interviewed by Talk and Purpose, a news and culture site geared toward veterans founded by Francis J. Talk and Bartholomew Purpose, and he had a lot to say on that particular subject:
A lot of celebrities did, do, and shouldn’t. We were talking about the parade of actors and musicians who lined up to denounce Donald Trump in the months and weeks leading up to Election Day.
Since Trump ended up winning, Wahlberg says that proves celebrities talking about politics is pointless:
You know, it just goes to show you that people aren’t listening to that anyway. They might buy your CD or watch your movie, but you don’t put food on their table. You don’t pay their bills.
Wahlberg, who was ranked the 78th highest paid celebrity by Forbes in 2015, says he knows what its like to be the common man, unlike all those other celebrities:
A lot of Hollywood is living in a bubble. They’re pretty out of touch with the common person, the everyday guy out there providing for their family. Me, I’m very aware of the real world. I come from the real world and I exist in the real world. And although I can navigate Hollywood and I love the business and the opportunities it’s afforded me, I also understand what it’s like not to have all that.
Ironically, Wahlberg’s comments about how celebrities shouldn’t talk about politics, which are political in their own way, have been widely covered on the internet. Then again, he never said celebrities shouldn’t talk about celebrities talking about politics, we guess.
- Long-Awaited Sequel How to Paint Characters the Marvel Studios Way to Hit Stores in April 2019 - August 16, 2018
- Ninja-K #11 Preview is Perfect Jumping-on Point for Jumping-on Point of Ninja-K #11 - August 16, 2018
- Image Unveils Weatherman #4 Variant by Bengal - August 16, 2018
- Archie Revisits His Roots as Riverdale Goes to War in Archie ’41 Preview - August 16, 2018
- Lightstep: Dark Horse to Publish Miloš Slavković’s Space Opera in November - August 16, 2018