Syfy is developing an hour-long sci-fi drama based on the BOOM! Studios graphic novel series The Woods. At the helm of the new project is Brad Peyton (San Andreas) who will both produce and direct. It will be written by Michael Armbruster based on the comic by James Tynion IV and Michael Dialynas.
The Woods tells the story about a Wisconsin high school that vanishes without a trace… all students, teacher, parents and anyone else who was there at the time went with it… only to have it reappear in thick woods on the moon of a distant planet. They must learn to survive in this new, hostile environment while searching for a way to get home.
The Woods is planned for a 36-issue run, it’s currently on #27. The series is one of the longest-running for Boom! and was recently named a 2016 Best Graphic Novel for Young Adults by YALSA.
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018