Syfy is developing an hour-long sci-fi drama based on the BOOM! Studios graphic novel series The Woods. At the helm of the new project is Brad Peyton (San Andreas) who will both produce and direct. It will be written by Michael Armbruster based on the comic by James Tynion IV and Michael Dialynas.
The Woods tells the story about a Wisconsin high school that vanishes without a trace… all students, teacher, parents and anyone else who was there at the time went with it… only to have it reappear in thick woods on the moon of a distant planet. They must learn to survive in this new, hostile environment while searching for a way to get home.
The Woods is planned for a 36-issue run, it’s currently on #27. The series is one of the longest-running for Boom! and was recently named a 2016 Best Graphic Novel for Young Adults by YALSA.
- Marvel’s Luke Cage Season 1, Episode 12 Recap: Soliloquy of Chaos - June 20, 2018
- Writer’s Commentary – Peter David Talks the Finale of Battlestar Galactica vs Battlestar Galactica - June 20, 2018
- Marvel’s Luke Cages Season 1, Episode 11 Recap: Now You’re Mine - June 20, 2018
- Jason Ritter Signs on to Netflix’s Superhero Drama ‘Raising Dion’ - June 20, 2018
- Premiere Dates for The Flash, Arrow, Black Lightning, Riverdale, Supernatural, and More - June 20, 2018