The ratings have been released for the opening weekend of A Year In The Life, the Gilmore Girls revival that had all of Twitter buzzing before it was released, and complaining about it after. The four episode Netflix series averaged 4.9 million viewers in the 18-49 demographic, the rating most often tracked by TV networked, though it means a little less an an advertisement-free Netflix work. That number was good enough to trounce the openings of Luke Cage and Daredevil by more than 1.5 million average viewers in the demo, though their first episode numbers alone beat Gilmore Girls‘ first episode, showing the Marvel shows appear to suffer from a severe dropoff, just like their comics.
As more numbers come in, Gilmore Girls may even end up rating higher than the last season of Orange Is The New Black. It’s an impressive performance for the show, and a good sign for fans of bringing popular shows from the past back from the dead.
On that subject, of course, we know what you really want to know. Did Gilmore Girls beat Fuller House, the revival of the popular 80s sitcom that sees DJ Tanner hilariously widowed by a tragic firefighting accident and forced to raise her kids as a grieving, single parent while wacky high jinx ensue? Well, you can rest easy. Bleeding Cool’s favorite show still reigns supreme, with an impressive 7.3 million viewers in the 18-49 demographic for it’s first season.
And with Fuller House Season 2 set to be released on December 9, we have a chance for it to take the number one AND number two spots, if all of us binge watch it enough times over the holidays, or if Bleeding Cool’s top Fuller House correspondent Christine Marie individually watches it 5 million times. Come on, little bleeders! We can make this happen!
- X-ual Healing: Glob Herman Catfished in Old Man Logan #40 - June 17, 2018
- X-ual Healing: The New Avengers Finally Find a Wolverine in Adamantium Agenda #2 - June 17, 2018
- X-ual Healing: If You Like Violence and Nonstop Banter, You’ll Love Deadpool Assassin #1 - June 17, 2018
- Hulk Hogan Finally Helping Others Learn from His Mistakes - June 16, 2018
- Improbable Previews: The Spectacular Spencer-Man Debuts in Amazing Spider-Man #1 - June 15, 2018