But for February, DC Comics is making Justice League Of America #1 and Super Sons #1 available for retailer exclusive covers.
I was talking with a senior executive at DC Comics earlier this year who tells me that too many of these covers tends to eat into others, cannibalise potential sales, there are only so many retailers who, each month, will pony up the thousands of dollars required to get one of these. And while each one adds around 5000 onto that month’s sales, per retailers, the logistics can eat into the profitability.
Basically, each sale of a retailer exclusive cover make less money for the publisher than a regular cover sale.
Thing is, while DC may restrict theirs to two a month to avoid cannibalisation, they can’t factor for other publishers going over the top.
- The Daily LITG, November 22nd, 2018 – Thanks For All You’ve Given - November 22, 2018
- LATE: Doomsday Clock #8, Batman Damned #2, Shazam #2 - November 21, 2018
- Batman #62 to Replace Batman #61 - November 21, 2018
- DC Comics Cancels Batman & The Outsiders Orders, Will Resolicit Later in 2019 - November 21, 2018
- An Early Thanksgiving Present From DC Comics and Walmart - November 21, 2018