But for February, DC Comics is making Justice League Of America #1 and Super Sons #1 available for retailer exclusive covers.
I was talking with a senior executive at DC Comics earlier this year who tells me that too many of these covers tends to eat into others, cannibalise potential sales, there are only so many retailers who, each month, will pony up the thousands of dollars required to get one of these. And while each one adds around 5000 onto that month’s sales, per retailers, the logistics can eat into the profitability.
Basically, each sale of a retailer exclusive cover make less money for the publisher than a regular cover sale.
Thing is, while DC may restrict theirs to two a month to avoid cannibalisation, they can’t factor for other publishers going over the top.
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 20th May 2018 – ‘Readers Realized There Was No Wedding in the Wedding Special’ - May 20, 2018
- Bob Layton Just Discovered He Created a Character in Deadpool 2 - May 20, 2018
- The Rev Michael Curry Vs Princess Bride’s Peter Cook’s Royal Wedding Address (VIDEO) - May 20, 2018
- Lying In The Gutters – 20th May 2018 – Flamewars and Lawsuits - May 20, 2018
- What Makes A Hero? - May 20, 2018