But for February, DC Comics is making Justice League Of America #1 and Super Sons #1 available for retailer exclusive covers.
I was talking with a senior executive at DC Comics earlier this year who tells me that too many of these covers tends to eat into others, cannibalise potential sales, there are only so many retailers who, each month, will pony up the thousands of dollars required to get one of these. And while each one adds around 5000 onto that month’s sales, per retailers, the logistics can eat into the profitability.
Basically, each sale of a retailer exclusive cover make less money for the publisher than a regular cover sale.
Thing is, while DC may restrict theirs to two a month to avoid cannibalisation, they can’t factor for other publishers going over the top.
- DC Walmart Giant Sized-Comics Make it to the UK – for Only Twice the Cover Price - August 19, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List, 19th August 2018 – ‘We’ve Been Seeing More and More Batman Attrition’ - August 19, 2018
- Lying In The Gutters, 19th August 2018 – Looking at the Moon - August 19, 2018
- Exclusive Funko POP of Lord Drakkon in Comic Stores in January - August 18, 2018
- Venom Finally Looks Like His Chest Symbol - August 18, 2018