This feels like a pretty good fit: John Wick co-director David Leitch will replace Tim Miller for Deadpool 2. Reports have indicated that outgoing director Miller and star Ryan Reynolds have had conflicts over the look and feel of the film. The sequel to the irreverent hit based on characters and concepts by Rob Liefeld will also include another favorite from the comics — Domino.
No scheduled release date for this one yet, but hard to see this development as anything but a big jump forward for the project.
FOX “John Wick” co-director David Leitch has been brought on board “Deadpool 2,” replacing director Tim Miller, TheWrap has learned. Leitch is best known for his stunt work, but turned in an impressive directorial debut with the 2014 Keanu Reeves action film, which he co-directed with Chad Stahelski. Leitch […]
In initial sequel talks, Reynolds and screenwriters Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick envisioned a “scrappy,” raunchy and inexpensive movie in the same vein as the first.
Miller, known more for his visual flair than for the brash antics that Reynolds and his writers embraced and that fans loved, wanted a more stylish take, one that would compete with mega-budget superhero movies, insiders said. But it would have cost three times as much as the original $58 million film.
- Universal Studios Presentation Live Blog at Cinemacon - April 25, 2018
- Another Take on The Hollywood Reporter Piece on Stan Lee’s Situation #StandByStan - April 10, 2018
- Why Do Russian Trolls Hate The Alienist? - April 4, 2018
- Is the Media Getting Suckered into Making Roseanne a Serious Post-Trump Presidential Candidate? - April 2, 2018
- Stan Lee v The Bloodsuckers - April 2, 2018