Titanfall 2 is in a weird place at the moment. Critically it is killing, with many calling it the best FPS this year, which has been a year full of great FPSs. Sales wise though, it does seem to be struggling.
Speaking to Glixel, Respawn’s Vince Zampella did seem enthusiastic about the future of the series though. When asked about a Titanfall 3, while saying he didn’t know, it’s clear he wants to do one. He said:
We don’t know yet. The game is, critically, a huge success. We’re really happy with all the reviews and the positive sentiment. Sales, it’s too early to tell. We’d definitely like to tell more of the story and the universe. I think it’s pretty safe to assume that we’ll explore more of it. EA might have announced more.
Zampella then asked a publicist what their party line on the franchise was, who said EA are commited to the franchise. Zampella then said:
So, whatever the **** that means.
Read into that last comment as far as you need.
- Fortnite’s Save the World Mode is Not Going to Free-to-Play This Year - October 22, 2018
- Nike has Endorsed its First Esports Player - October 22, 2018
- Conan Exiles and Halo Wars 2 are Free to Play This Weekend on Xbox Live - October 19, 2018
- Hitman is Getting a Halloween Event Today - October 19, 2018
- Developer Says The Division 2 Can’t Be Openly Political - October 18, 2018