Titanfall 2 is in a weird place at the moment. Critically it is killing, with many calling it the best FPS this year, which has been a year full of great FPSs. Sales wise though, it does seem to be struggling.
Speaking to Glixel, Respawn’s Vince Zampella did seem enthusiastic about the future of the series though. When asked about a Titanfall 3, while saying he didn’t know, it’s clear he wants to do one. He said:
We don’t know yet. The game is, critically, a huge success. We’re really happy with all the reviews and the positive sentiment. Sales, it’s too early to tell. We’d definitely like to tell more of the story and the universe. I think it’s pretty safe to assume that we’ll explore more of it. EA might have announced more.
Zampella then asked a publicist what their party line on the franchise was, who said EA are commited to the franchise. Zampella then said:
So, whatever the **** that means.
Read into that last comment as far as you need.
- Star Wars Battlefront 2’s Microtransactions to Return, but They Won’t Affect Gameplay - March 16, 2018
- Heroes of the Storm’s Next Character is StarCraft’s Fenix - March 16, 2018
- PUBG’s Mobile Port Spreads to the West as Beta Rolls Out to Canada - March 16, 2018
- The Crew 2 Finally Gets a Release Date, and It’s Coming This Summer - March 16, 2018
- Sea of Thieves Gets a Launch Trailer Showing Off Pirate-y Fun - March 16, 2018