Titanfall 2 is in a weird place at the moment. Critically it is killing, with many calling it the best FPS this year, which has been a year full of great FPSs. Sales wise though, it does seem to be struggling.
Speaking to Glixel, Respawn’s Vince Zampella did seem enthusiastic about the future of the series though. When asked about a Titanfall 3, while saying he didn’t know, it’s clear he wants to do one. He said:
We don’t know yet. The game is, critically, a huge success. We’re really happy with all the reviews and the positive sentiment. Sales, it’s too early to tell. We’d definitely like to tell more of the story and the universe. I think it’s pretty safe to assume that we’ll explore more of it. EA might have announced more.
Zampella then asked a publicist what their party line on the franchise was, who said EA are commited to the franchise. Zampella then said:
So, whatever the **** that means.
Read into that last comment as far as you need.
- Quake Champions Extends its Free-to-Play Period Another Week - June 19, 2018
- Epic Games Removing Exploit that Allowed Players to Unintentionally Create a Swastika - June 19, 2018
- AJ Styles is the WWE 2K19 Cover Star - June 19, 2018
- Fallout 76’s Beta is Coming to Xbox One First - June 19, 2018
- EA is Talking About Cross-Play for FIFA, Says Creative Director - June 18, 2018