Fans of Archie Comics waiting desperately for the sexy, gritty teen drama Riverdale can finally rest easy. The CW revealed the show’s release date today as part of its mid-season schedule. Riverdale will air at 9PM on Thursdays, starting on January 26. Riverdale will push Supernatural’s airtime up to 8PM, which will in turn bump DC’s Legends of Tomorrow completely off Thursday nights! That’s not a bad thing, though. Legends of Tomorrow, which recently saw four episodes added to its order, will now air at 9PM on Tuesdays, immediately after The Flash, giving DC Comics shows a 2 hour block that night.
There’s also some good news for fans of iZombie. That show will return on April 4, also airing at 9PM on Tuesday nights, presumably after Legends of Tomorrow has finished the week before. Well, either that, or one show will air on Earth-1 while the other airs on Earth-2. Recently, iZombie showrunner and Matchbox 20 vocalist Rob Thomas denied rumors that this will be the final season of the show.
It looks like The CW’s plan to fill all of its time slots with comic book shows is progressing along nicely. Now if we could just get Arrow and Supergirl to air on the same night, we might be able to find time to have a life outside of television! Yay!
- Mike Wieringo, J.G. Jones, and J. Scott Campbell Draw Black Cat for Amazing Spider-Man Variants - September 20, 2018
- BOOM! Shatters the Grid of Baltimore Comic-Con With Exclusive $20 Power Rangers Variants - September 19, 2018
- Garfield Gets a Reality Show in First Look at Garfield: TV or Not TV - September 19, 2018
- Marvel Promotes Reading Digital With Free Return of Wolverine #1 Director’s Cut - September 19, 2018
- Speculation: How Will Marvel Respond to the Batpenis? - September 19, 2018