In what is either a shameless cash grab with little regard for geography or definitions, or a shrewd prediction of President Trump’s plans to ally with Vladimir Putin and conquer America’s former allies, Marvel has revealed the latest “state” variant cover for U.S.Avengers, and it’s: The United Kingdom?! Of course, The United Kingdom is not actually a “state,” per se, or even a part of the U.S. at all, but that didn’t stop Marvel from making a Canadian variant.
— Marvel UK & Ireland (@MarvelUK) November 16, 2016
In addition, Marvel released an updated version of their U.S.Avengers ordering chart, showing that the U.K. is in favor of becoming a U.S. state, since they’re currently leading all other variants by a large margin. Could this have been the secret motivation behind Brexit?
Frankly, we’d be happy to have them, as long as they leave Rich Johnston behind. Can Rich report on comics news from France? I think we’d all like to find out.
U.S.Avengers, by Al Ewing and Paco Medina, will confound cartographers around the world on January 4, 2017.
- Lois Lane Accused of Canoodling Lex Luthor in Action Comics #1004 Preview - October 22, 2018
- Oni Press Plans Super Fun Sexy Times with Ghost Hog, Dream Daddy, and More Next Summer - October 22, 2018
- Marvel’s Hip Hop Variants to Appear on Actual Hip Hop Albums - October 22, 2018
- Mark Brooks Stands Up for Breasts and Feet on Uncanny X-Men #1 Variants - October 22, 2018
- Marvel Comics Presents: The Time Incredible Hulk Beat the Crap Out of Hulk Hogan - October 21, 2018