In what is either a shameless cash grab with little regard for geography or definitions, or a shrewd prediction of President Trump’s plans to ally with Vladimir Putin and conquer America’s former allies, Marvel has revealed the latest “state” variant cover for U.S.Avengers, and it’s: The United Kingdom?! Of course, The United Kingdom is not actually a “state,” per se, or even a part of the U.S. at all, but that didn’t stop Marvel from making a Canadian variant.
— Marvel UK & Ireland (@MarvelUK) November 16, 2016
In addition, Marvel released an updated version of their U.S.Avengers ordering chart, showing that the U.K. is in favor of becoming a U.S. state, since they’re currently leading all other variants by a large margin. Could this have been the secret motivation behind Brexit?
Frankly, we’d be happy to have them, as long as they leave Rich Johnston behind. Can Rich report on comics news from France? I think we’d all like to find out.
U.S.Avengers, by Al Ewing and Paco Medina, will confound cartographers around the world on January 4, 2017.
- Over the Garden Wall Returns with New OGN from Jonathan Case and Jim Campbell - February 22, 2018
- IDW’s Ted Adams Joins CBLDF Board of Directors - February 22, 2018
- One Final Mission for All-New Wolverine in May? - February 22, 2018
- Annie Wu Announces Dead Guy Fan Club at #ImageExpo - February 21, 2018
- Matthew Rosenberg and Tyler Boss Ask: What’s the Furthest Place from Here? - February 21, 2018