In what is either a shameless cash grab with little regard for geography or definitions, or a shrewd prediction of President Trump’s plans to ally with Vladimir Putin and conquer America’s former allies, Marvel has revealed the latest “state” variant cover for U.S.Avengers, and it’s: The United Kingdom?! Of course, The United Kingdom is not actually a “state,” per se, or even a part of the U.S. at all, but that didn’t stop Marvel from making a Canadian variant.
— Marvel UK & Ireland (@MarvelUK) November 16, 2016
In addition, Marvel released an updated version of their U.S.Avengers ordering chart, showing that the U.K. is in favor of becoming a U.S. state, since they’re currently leading all other variants by a large margin. Could this have been the secret motivation behind Brexit?
Frankly, we’d be happy to have them, as long as they leave Rich Johnston behind. Can Rich report on comics news from France? I think we’d all like to find out.
U.S.Avengers, by Al Ewing and Paco Medina, will confound cartographers around the world on January 4, 2017.
- DC Comics is Giving Away a CGC Graded Action Comics #1 Silver Foil Variant - May 24, 2018
- E! News Spoils Total Bellas, Says Nikki Bella and John Cena are Back Together - May 24, 2018
- GLAAD Calls on Studios to Feature LGBTQ Characters in 20% of Movies by 2021 - May 24, 2018
- Mark Millar: No Second Printings for Hit-Girl #5 - May 24, 2018
- When Mark Millar’s Daughter Hacked His Twitter Account - May 24, 2018