Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson is one of the most popular and charismatic pro wrestlers of all time. He managed to translate his success in the wrasslin’ world into a successful blockbuster movie career. Can he convert it to a run for United States president in 2020? We may get the chance to find out.
At a press event for Moana, Johnson told magazine Vanity Fair that he wouldn’t rule out a run for the highest office in 2020. “It would be a great opportunity to help people, so it’s possible,” he said. “This past election shows that anything can happen.”
As to what party The Rock would run under, despite being a big time Hollywood star, all signs point to Republican, which is the party he historically supports. Johnson spoke at the Republican National Convention in 2000. Part Black, part Samoan, and part Irish, The Rock would bring some much needed diversity to the Republican ticket, and his unmatched popularity in pop culture could eclipse even President Elect Trump.
He’s got this going for him as well:
If Trump’s unfiltered, often racist and misogynistic statements can fire up a voting base, can you imagine what would happen with The Rock calling Putin a “roody-poo jabronie” and telling ISIS he’s going to “take their Islamic caliphate, turn it sideways, shine it up real nice, and stick it straight up their candy asses?” It’s the logical progression of where we’re headed as a nation is all I’m saying. Plus, if anyone can beat Trump in the primary, it’s The Rock. He’s beaten Stone Cold Steve Austin, fer crissakes!
So, what do you think? Would you vote for The Rock for president in 2020?
IT DOESN’T MATTER WHAT YOU THINK!
- Hulk Hogan Wants to Return to WWE… As Velveteen Dream’s Manager? - June 21, 2018
- Report: Big Cass Fired for Bad Promos, Bad Wrestling, Bad Listening Skills, and Bad Bathroom Behavior - June 21, 2018
- WWE’s Sami Zayn Tore 2 Rotator Cuffs, Will Be Out Until 2019 - June 21, 2018
- First Look at The Thrilling Adventure Hour #1 by Bens Acker and Blacker, M.J. Erickson - June 21, 2018
- Behold: Nathan Fox’s Limited Edition Wraparound Variant for The Weatherman #2 - June 21, 2018