Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson is one of the most popular and charismatic pro wrestlers of all time. He managed to translate his success in the wrasslin’ world into a successful blockbuster movie career. Can he convert it to a run for United States president in 2020? We may get the chance to find out.
At a press event for Moana, Johnson told magazine Vanity Fair that he wouldn’t rule out a run for the highest office in 2020. “It would be a great opportunity to help people, so it’s possible,” he said. “This past election shows that anything can happen.”
As to what party The Rock would run under, despite being a big time Hollywood star, all signs point to Republican, which is the party he historically supports. Johnson spoke at the Republican National Convention in 2000. Part Black, part Samoan, and part Irish, The Rock would bring some much needed diversity to the Republican ticket, and his unmatched popularity in pop culture could eclipse even President Elect Trump.
He’s got this going for him as well:
If Trump’s unfiltered, often racist and misogynistic statements can fire up a voting base, can you imagine what would happen with The Rock calling Putin a “roody-poo jabronie” and telling ISIS he’s going to “take their Islamic caliphate, turn it sideways, shine it up real nice, and stick it straight up their candy asses?” It’s the logical progression of where we’re headed as a nation is all I’m saying. Plus, if anyone can beat Trump in the primary, it’s The Rock. He’s beaten Stone Cold Steve Austin, fer crissakes!
So, what do you think? Would you vote for The Rock for president in 2020?
IT DOESN’T MATTER WHAT YOU THINK!
- Marvel’s Jordan White Spoils the Last Panel of Uncanny X-Men #1 for #XMenMonday - October 22, 2018
- Power Rangers: Beyond the Grid Goes Beyond Its 1st Print Run, Goes Back for More - October 22, 2018
- Marvel Unveils More X-citing Uncanny X-Men Variants by Liefeld, Campbell, Pacheco, Crain, and Land - October 22, 2018
- Lois Lane Accused of Canoodling Lex Luthor in Action Comics #1004 Preview - October 22, 2018
- Oni Press Plans Super Fun Sexy Times with Ghost Hog, Dream Daddy, and More Next Summer - October 22, 2018