The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo was a fair while ago now, and all of the creative players have seemingly moved on. David Fincher is out, and the status of Daniel Craig and Rooney Mara on coming back isn’t exactly clear, so when The Girl In The Spider’s Web was recently announced it wasn’t clear where it would stand. Add on top of that, it skips two books in the series, and many were wondering if this was a reboot of sorts.
Well, it looks like we have the answers now. Speaking to Collider, writer Steven Knight explained while it will be a little different, we can expect it to act like a sequel. He said:
It can’t be anything other than a sequel, but a couple of books have been skipped, so it is different, in that sense. It’s really taking a very strong central character and thinking, how do you execute this? It’s quite different.
The writer wouldn’t talk about casting, but if it is a sequel, it stands to reason the team behind the film would be working really hard to get their actors back.
- Star Wars Battlefront 2’s Microtransactions to Return, but They Won’t Affect Gameplay - March 16, 2018
- Heroes of the Storm’s Next Character is StarCraft’s Fenix - March 16, 2018
- PUBG’s Mobile Port Spreads to the West as Beta Rolls Out to Canada - March 16, 2018
- The Crew 2 Finally Gets a Release Date, and It’s Coming This Summer - March 16, 2018
- Sea of Thieves Gets a Launch Trailer Showing Off Pirate-y Fun - March 16, 2018