Dan Slott, writer of Marvel’s Amazing Spider-Man, Clone Conspiracy and Eisner winner for Silver Surfer has never been backwards when coming forwards on Twitter. I’ve certainly had a to-do with him occasionally (when he chooses to briefly unblock me) and while he has been vocally opposed to the very existence of Bleeding Cool, at one point comparing us to the makers of snuff films, he has also retweeted very occasional posts that others chose to ignore, such as charges made against comic creator Eric Basaldua.
He does have the reputation of having a hair trigger response to criticism (as, to be fair, so do I) and his involvement across the internet with matters relating to Spider-Man and other issues have been legion.
But today, while he had been debating back and forth with readers about the election of Donald Trump, suddenly… he was gone.
Holy crap did @DanSlott delete his Twitter? That's a real shame. ????
— Caroling Along ???????? (@SoCalRamen) November 14, 2016
And yes, indeed, it appears that Dan Slott has deleted his Twitter feed, in full. Every note of support or venom, every word of cheer or critique, every bon mot or mal mot disappeared into the ether.
Aside from some retweets, this appears to be his final tweets, currently cached on Google.
- Action Comics #988 Preview: Superman’s Daddy Issues - September 21, 2017
- Alex Ross Posts New Fantastic Four Cover – And Then Deletes It - September 21, 2017
- Thought Bubble Debut: PM Buchan’s Horror-Comedy Anthology ‘Hangover’ - September 21, 2017
- Mark Waid To Have A “Civil Conversation” With Diversity & Comics After Baltimore Comic-Con - September 21, 2017
- Thought Bubble Debut: Hex Girlfriend #1 By Mr Picto - September 21, 2017