Dan Slott, writer of Marvel’s Amazing Spider-Man, Clone Conspiracy and Eisner winner for Silver Surfer has never been backwards when coming forwards on Twitter. I’ve certainly had a to-do with him occasionally (when he chooses to briefly unblock me) and while he has been vocally opposed to the very existence of Bleeding Cool, at one point comparing us to the makers of snuff films, he has also retweeted very occasional posts that others chose to ignore, such as charges made against comic creator Eric Basaldua.
He does have the reputation of having a hair trigger response to criticism (as, to be fair, so do I) and his involvement across the internet with matters relating to Spider-Man and other issues have been legion.
But today, while he had been debating back and forth with readers about the election of Donald Trump, suddenly… he was gone.
Holy crap did @DanSlott delete his Twitter? That's a real shame. ????
— Caroling Along ???????? (@SoCalRamen) November 14, 2016
And yes, indeed, it appears that Dan Slott has deleted his Twitter feed, in full. Every note of support or venom, every word of cheer or critique, every bon mot or mal mot disappeared into the ether.
Aside from some retweets, this appears to be his final tweets, currently cached on Google.
- Nine Thoughts About Doctor Who: The Pyramid At The End Of The World – Do You Consent? - May 27, 2017
- 71 Shots Of Cosplay From MCM London Comic Con – On The Showfloor, In The Sunshine, In The Bars…. - May 27, 2017
- Comichaus – The Streaming App For Discovering Indie Comics - May 27, 2017
- Deathstroke Vs. Jesus – Christopher Priest Writes About DC Comics, Censorship, Sex, Religion And Birth Control - May 27, 2017
- How Far Will Superhero Creamery & T-Shirt Design Go Over Trademarks Against DC Comics? - May 27, 2017