According to Deadline, Christopher Meloni, most well known for his roles as “that guy from Law and Order: SVU” and “Beecher’s boyfriend on Oz,” and also as the guy who played Casey Jones in the original TMNT movie, even though that was actually Elias Koteas, has signed on to play Nick Sax in a television adaptation of Happy!, the comic book by Grant Morrison and Darick Robertson. Morrison, a wizard, announced the news himself by apparating into Deadline’s offices in a puff of purple smoke and shrieking the news telepathically into the minds of all reporters in the office before firing off a few quick hexes and escaping out the window and into the night sky riding on the back of a giant vampire bat. Either that, or “sources” told them. Believe what you want.
Deadline has a summary of the story:
Once a rock star detective for a major metropolitan police force, Nick lost it all. Now he’s a broken, down-and-out hired killer who makes just enough money to support a steady diet of booze, drugs and sarcasm by carrying out hits for the mob. After one hit goes wrong, his life is forever changed by a tiny, relentlessly positive, imaginary blue-winged horse.
Based on a true story, of course.
The TV adaptation of Happy was first announced back in August. Morrison will executive produce along with a bunch of Hollywood people, and Meloni for at least the pilot. Now they just need someone to play the horse.
- Dark Horse to Publish ‘Mob Psycho 100’ Manga by ONE This Fall - April 23, 2018
- The Undertaker Returns to Comics with New BOOM! Studios Graphic Novel by Chad Dundas and Rodrigo Lorenzo - April 23, 2018
- Get All 17 Volumes of IDW’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for Less Than $70 This Week on ComiXology - April 23, 2018
- You’ll Die Hard When You See This #CinemaCon2018 Standee for Dwayne Johnson’s Skyscraper - April 23, 2018
- X-ual Healing: Venomized #3 is a Who’s Who of “Who the Hell is Who?” - April 23, 2018