According to Deadline, Christopher Meloni, most well known for his roles as “that guy from Law and Order: SVU” and “Beecher’s boyfriend on Oz,” and also as the guy who played Casey Jones in the original TMNT movie, even though that was actually Elias Koteas, has signed on to play Nick Sax in a television adaptation of Happy!, the comic book by Grant Morrison and Darick Robertson. Morrison, a wizard, announced the news himself by apparating into Deadline’s offices in a puff of purple smoke and shrieking the news telepathically into the minds of all reporters in the office before firing off a few quick hexes and escaping out the window and into the night sky riding on the back of a giant vampire bat. Either that, or “sources” told them. Believe what you want.
Deadline has a summary of the story:
Once a rock star detective for a major metropolitan police force, Nick lost it all. Now he’s a broken, down-and-out hired killer who makes just enough money to support a steady diet of booze, drugs and sarcasm by carrying out hits for the mob. After one hit goes wrong, his life is forever changed by a tiny, relentlessly positive, imaginary blue-winged horse.
Based on a true story, of course.
The TV adaptation of Happy was first announced back in August. Morrison will executive produce along with a bunch of Hollywood people, and Meloni for at least the pilot. Now they just need someone to play the horse.
- Stealth Crossover? Domino and Mr. and Mrs. X Both Visit the Mojoverse in January - October 16, 2018
- The Star Wars Story of Jar Jar Binks Continues with Chip Zdarsky in Marvel’s Age of Republic Special - October 16, 2018
- It’s Official: X-Men Red Stealth-Canceled with December’s X-Men Red #11 - October 16, 2018
- Marvel Brings Back Classic “Sins Past” Story in JMS Spider-Man Omnibus - October 16, 2018
- X-Men Disassembled Gets an Oversized (and Priced) Finale in January’s Uncanny X-Men #10 - October 16, 2018