According to Deadline, Christopher Meloni, most well known for his roles as “that guy from Law and Order: SVU” and “Beecher’s boyfriend on Oz,” and also as the guy who played Casey Jones in the original TMNT movie, even though that was actually Elias Koteas, has signed on to play Nick Sax in a television adaptation of Happy!, the comic book by Grant Morrison and Darick Robertson. Morrison, a wizard, announced the news himself by apparating into Deadline’s offices in a puff of purple smoke and shrieking the news telepathically into the minds of all reporters in the office before firing off a few quick hexes and escaping out the window and into the night sky riding on the back of a giant vampire bat. Either that, or “sources” told them. Believe what you want.
Deadline has a summary of the story:
Once a rock star detective for a major metropolitan police force, Nick lost it all. Now he’s a broken, down-and-out hired killer who makes just enough money to support a steady diet of booze, drugs and sarcasm by carrying out hits for the mob. After one hit goes wrong, his life is forever changed by a tiny, relentlessly positive, imaginary blue-winged horse.
Based on a true story, of course.
The TV adaptation of Happy was first announced back in August. Morrison will executive produce along with a bunch of Hollywood people, and Meloni for at least the pilot. Now they just need someone to play the horse.
- Christophe Bec and Stefano Rafaelle’s ‘Under’ Heads to the Big Screen - July 19, 2018
- Image Slips James Harren Weatherman #3 Variant Under the Comic-Con Radar - July 19, 2018
- Lion Forge to Publish Maia Kobabe’s Gender Queer: A Memoir in 2019 - July 19, 2018
- YouTube Orders 2nd Season of Doug Liman’s ‘Impulse’ - July 19, 2018
- Sophie Campbell to Write and Draw the Leonardo Macro Issue for IDW’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - July 19, 2018