The price of the Switch is going to be crucial to its success. The cheaper it is, the more I expect the “mainstream” to jump on board a la the Wii.
We might have a hint now too. Let’s Play Video Games, who have been a very reliable source for leaks around the Switch, are saying that retailer GAME have been told to expect the console to launch at £199.99 (roughly $248.55). It’s also noted that this is expected to be the world wide price, as the console is rumoured to be region free.
That isn’t the only source on this though. As WCCF Tech pointed out, a listing on Canadian Toys R’ Us breifly had the console priced at $329.99 Canadian, which is in line with the reported pricing.
Now, neither of these are official of course, but both coming out today does hold some weight. If this is in fact the price, I think this is right on the money. A perfect price point for the console. We will see next year when Nintendo open up about it again.
- Destiny 2’s Next DLC Set to Launch December 4th - November 16, 2018
- THQ Nordic has 35 Unannounced Projects After Acquiring Two New Studios - November 14, 2018
- Overwatch League Team Chengdu Hunters Revealed - November 13, 2018
- Ark: Survival Evolved Hit All Time Peak Players On Steam This Weekend - November 13, 2018
- Despite Activision’s Comments, Destiny 2 Director Says Bungie Aren’t Disappointed With Forsaken - November 12, 2018