It’s not often that I link to something from FabulousTV… okay, I’ve never linked to something from FabulousTV, but I’ll give them props for getting some good information out of Lewis Tan about his upcoming role in Marvel’s Iron Fist. Tan has been cast as Zhou Cheng (it sound like he says Joe in the video, but it’s Zhou), a character from the comics who is also known as “The One Who Kills The Iron Fist”… so you might guess he’s on the bad guy side in the new series. Tan says “one of the bad guys”.
Tan tells the reporter that he had been up for the role of Danny Rand, which eventually went to Finn Jones. He also admitted to being too talkative about the project when he first got it. But what might be the most interesting thing is Tan, who is already trained in kickboxing, Muay Thai, jujitsu, weapons, katana, all sorts of different styles, had to learn a new style for the series… one that he can’t name because it would be a spoiler.
Zhou Cheng is a somewhat newer character, having been created by Duane Swierczynski and Travel Forman in the Immortal Iron Fist #17 (September 2008)
Marvel’s Iron Fist debuts on Netflix March 17th, 2017.
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018