According to an EXXXCLUSIVE article in USA Today, Marvel Comics will release a five issue Darth Maul mini in February by Cullen Bunn and Luke Ross. Darth Maul is widely regarded as one of the most well-liked parts of the Star Wars prequels, despite looking like he’s on his way to an intergalactic Juggalo Gathering, mostly due to lack of any competition and because he has a sweet double-bladed lightsaber. The series is set before the prequels, with Maul starting his career under Darth Sidious, and will draw on Maul’s portrayals in the movie The Phantom Menace as well animated series Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Star Wars: Rebels.
USA Today has a description of the story:
After learning a young Jedi Padawan named Eldra Kaitis has fallen into the hands of a crime lord, Maul seizes an opportunity to test his skills against a real Jedi but also maybe turn someone else to the dark side.
Dark Horse previously published a Darth Maul mini in 2001 by Ron Marz, Jan Duursema, Rick Magyar, and Dave McCaid, as well as some other comics featuring him, but Disney gave the Star Wars license to Marvel and now we’re all going to pretend those never existed, okay?
Check this out in your local comic shop in February, and be sure to check back with Bleeding Cool for updates on the many variant covers that are likely to be announced in the near future.
- Guardians of the Galaxy Director James Gunn Doesn’t Care if He Loses Fans for Bashing Trump - May 24, 2018
- Because U Demanded It: WWE PPVs to Now Be Even Longer - May 23, 2018
- Lumberjanes and More BOOM! Digital Comics Featured in the Latest Humble Bundle - May 23, 2018
- Don Johnson, Louis Gossett Jr., Regina King, More Join HBO’s Watchmen Cast - May 23, 2018
- NFL Owners Approve Policy Fining Teams If Players Kneel During National Anthem - May 23, 2018