Ghost in the Shell has a lot of work to do if it is going to convince anime fans that a Western focused film will capture the spirit of the original. It’s not going to be an easy task in the slightest, that is for sure.
However, we do have a new point of reference here to see how well it’s doing, thanks to this video from IGN. It shows the shelling seqeunce which opens the original anime as well, so you can be the judge of if the film is capturing the spirit or not. Obviously, this was filmed on a phone, as the opening was shown at a Trailer event in Tokyo, but it more or less does the job.
Give it a look:
- Mark of the Ninja Remastered Coming to Nintendo Switch Later This Year - March 20, 2018
- Bardock and Broly to Join Dragon Ball FighterZ Roster Next Week - March 20, 2018
- Ni No Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom Gets a Beautiful Launch Trailer - March 19, 2018
- Report Claims Next Assassin’s Creed Game is Going to Ancient Greece - March 19, 2018
- Burnout Paradise Tops UK Charts, Proving It Still Has Some Magic to Give - March 19, 2018