From 1993 to 2001, Joey Styles was the voice of Extreme Championship Wrestling, with his trademark shout of “Oh my god!” whenever the company’s hardcore wrestlers performed a particularly nasty piece of violence. But today, it’s Styles’ own Extreme comments that have thrust the 45-year-old wrestling legend back into the spotlight. At pro wrestling organization EVOLVE’s Evolve 72 PPV event last night, Styles told ring announcer Joanna Rose: “Joanna, you look great tonight. And if our next President were here tonight, he’d want to grab you by the…”
The comment, referencing Donald Trump’s infamous Access Hollywood comments about women, proved too much for promoter Gabe Sapolsky, who tweeted:
This marks the second job Styles has lost this year, having been dismissed from WWE in August, with no salacious reason given for the termination. Styles had been Vice President of Digital Media at the company since 2008, after a stint as commentator for WWE’s RAW program and its ill-fated ECW revival. Styles’ commentating can still be heard on Philadelphia-based sci-fi wrestling promotion Chikara’s events, at least as of press time.
- Investigative Report: Ben Affleck Had Movie Career Before Batman Role - November 18, 2017
- Doctor Strange Writer Calls Out Rotten Tomatoes In Marvel Vs. DC Justice League Showdown - November 18, 2017
- Justice League Composer Danny Elfman Calls Replacing Classic Superhero Themes “A Bull@#$% Idea” - November 18, 2017
- Incredibles 2: Watch The First Teaser Trailer For The Disney/Pixar Sequel - November 18, 2017
- Brian Michael Bendis Has Already Chosen His Jessica Jones Successor, And He Says She’s Amazing - November 18, 2017