2013 Super Bowl Champions the Seattle Seahawks are having a good year, leading the NFC West with a 5-2-1 record, but that’s little consolation for linebacker Cassius Marsh. Earlier this week, two backpacks were stolen from his car outside a Seattle nightclub, and one contained his most cherished possession: his collection of Magic The Gathering cards, worth $20,000. The 24-year-old Marsh has been playing the popular card game since he was 11, and it remains to this day Marsh’s pastime to “get his mind off things.”
“I’m a nerd, sure,” Marsh said of his love of the game. “I’ve been playing since I was 11. How people like gaming, I like cards.”
Marsh doesn’t even require vengeance for the stolen cards, and doesn’t care about the Seahawks-issued iPad that was stolen in the other backpack. He just wants his damn Magic The Gathering collection back, and he’s offering a reward.
“Anyone who returns the cards, I’ll give two tickets to the next home game,” Marsh promised. “I won’t press any charges. I don’t care. I just want my cards back.”
Stealing is a crime, but stealing someone’s Magic The Gathering deck is a d**k move. Will someone please give Cassius Marsh his Magic cards back? Two Seahawks tickets is nice, but it’s also the right thing to do.
- New GWAR OGN The Enormogantic Fail Revisits the Obliteration of Flab Quarv 7 - October 17, 2018
- R.I.P. ResurrXion? Weapon X Missing from Marvel’s January Solicits - October 16, 2018
- Finally, Chuck Austen’s Early X-Men Work Returns to Print at Marvel - October 16, 2018
- Is Ms. Marvel Cancelled? G. Willow Wilson Says It’s Just Taking a “Skip Month” - October 16, 2018
- Chuck Wendig’s Shadow of Vader Not Solicited for January… Has It Been Canceled Completely? - October 16, 2018