2013 Super Bowl Champions the Seattle Seahawks are having a good year, leading the NFC West with a 5-2-1 record, but that’s little consolation for linebacker Cassius Marsh. Earlier this week, two backpacks were stolen from his car outside a Seattle nightclub, and one contained his most cherished possession: his collection of Magic The Gathering cards, worth $20,000. The 24-year-old Marsh has been playing the popular card game since he was 11, and it remains to this day Marsh’s pastime to “get his mind off things.”
“I’m a nerd, sure,” Marsh said of his love of the game. “I’ve been playing since I was 11. How people like gaming, I like cards.”
Marsh doesn’t even require vengeance for the stolen cards, and doesn’t care about the Seahawks-issued iPad that was stolen in the other backpack. He just wants his damn Magic The Gathering collection back, and he’s offering a reward.
“Anyone who returns the cards, I’ll give two tickets to the next home game,” Marsh promised. “I won’t press any charges. I don’t care. I just want my cards back.”
Stealing is a crime, but stealing someone’s Magic The Gathering deck is a d**k move. Will someone please give Cassius Marsh his Magic cards back? Two Seahawks tickets is nice, but it’s also the right thing to do.
- One Final Mission for All-New Wolverine in May? - February 22, 2018
- Annie Wu Announces Dead Guy Fan Club at #ImageExpo - February 21, 2018
- Matthew Rosenberg and Tyler Boss Ask: What’s the Furthest Place from Here? - February 21, 2018
- #ImageExpo Gets Meteorological with The Weatherman from Jody LeHeup, Nathan Fox, and Dave Stewart - February 21, 2018
- Tee Franklin and Maria Nguyen Explore Domestic Violence in Jook Joint at Image in Fall 2018 - February 21, 2018