2013 Super Bowl Champions the Seattle Seahawks are having a good year, leading the NFC West with a 5-2-1 record, but that’s little consolation for linebacker Cassius Marsh. Earlier this week, two backpacks were stolen from his car outside a Seattle nightclub, and one contained his most cherished possession: his collection of Magic The Gathering cards, worth $20,000. The 24-year-old Marsh has been playing the popular card game since he was 11, and it remains to this day Marsh’s pastime to “get his mind off things.”
“I’m a nerd, sure,” Marsh said of his love of the game. “I’ve been playing since I was 11. How people like gaming, I like cards.”
Marsh doesn’t even require vengeance for the stolen cards, and doesn’t care about the Seahawks-issued iPad that was stolen in the other backpack. He just wants his damn Magic The Gathering collection back, and he’s offering a reward.
“Anyone who returns the cards, I’ll give two tickets to the next home game,” Marsh promised. “I won’t press any charges. I don’t care. I just want my cards back.”
Stealing is a crime, but stealing someone’s Magic The Gathering deck is a d**k move. Will someone please give Cassius Marsh his Magic cards back? Two Seahawks tickets is nice, but it’s also the right thing to do.
- ComiXology is Holding an X-Men: Near Extinction Sale - August 17, 2018
- Travel Foreman, Niko Henrichon Join Donny Cates’s Marvel Knights Revamp - August 17, 2018
- Marvel to Address School Shootings in Champions #24 - August 17, 2018
- Hulk Hogan Asks: Hasn’t Hulk Hogan Apologized Enough? - August 17, 2018
- Vault Upgrades Wasted Space to Ongoing with 20-Issue Commitment - August 17, 2018