It looks like Fox’s X-Men movie franchise may be headed for (another) reboot, according to some rumormongering from The Hollywood Reporter. The Hollywood trade blog’s sources claim that Bryan Singer won’t be returning for the next planned X-Men film, and though Simon Kinberg is reportedly already working on the next script, stars Jennifer Lawrence, James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, and Nicholas Hoult will all need new contracts if they’re to return, and that could prove expensive for Fox. In addition, the upcoming Logan will be Hugh Jackman’s last run with the claws and sideburns. And let’s not even talk about the Deadpool sequel right now.
All of these pieces are fitting into place to suggest that Fox may be better off starting fresh, and according to THR, that’s exactly what they’re planning. The million dollar question – or is that billion – is: in the wake of their collaboration on X-Men TV shows and a renewed focus on the X-Men comics from Bleeding Cool’s best friend Ike Perlmutter, could the two companies possibly find a way to work together here as well?
That’s completely baseless speculation, but, as we learned last night, anything can happen, no matter how improbable.
- In Goodbye Post for X-Men Red, Tom Taylor Says He Could Have Written Series for Years - December 12, 2018
- Marvel Unlimited Comes Into the Spider-Verse With Peter Porker: The Spectacular Spider-Ham - December 12, 2018
- Is Tom Taylor Planning to Kill the DC Universe? - December 12, 2018
- Mark Bagley and Chip Zdarsky Launch a Mini-Series Where Spider-Man Ages in Real Time - December 12, 2018
- That Time Bruce Wayne Teamed Up With Donald Trump… In Real Life?! - December 12, 2018