It looks like Fox’s X-Men movie franchise may be headed for (another) reboot, according to some rumormongering from The Hollywood Reporter. The Hollywood trade blog’s sources claim that Bryan Singer won’t be returning for the next planned X-Men film, and though Simon Kinberg is reportedly already working on the next script, stars Jennifer Lawrence, James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, and Nicholas Hoult will all need new contracts if they’re to return, and that could prove expensive for Fox. In addition, the upcoming Logan will be Hugh Jackman’s last run with the claws and sideburns. And let’s not even talk about the Deadpool sequel right now.
All of these pieces are fitting into place to suggest that Fox may be better off starting fresh, and according to THR, that’s exactly what they’re planning. The million dollar question – or is that billion – is: in the wake of their collaboration on X-Men TV shows and a renewed focus on the X-Men comics from Bleeding Cool’s best friend Ike Perlmutter, could the two companies possibly find a way to work together here as well?
That’s completely baseless speculation, but, as we learned last night, anything can happen, no matter how improbable.
- Marvel Comics Presents: The Time Incredible Hulk Beat the Crap Out of Hulk Hogan - October 21, 2018
- Marvel Comics Presents: The Time Union Jack Resisted Thatcher’s England in 1990 - October 21, 2018
- Marvel Comics Presents: The Time Marvel Mocked a Beloved Republican President in 1990 - October 21, 2018
- Marvel Comics Presents: The Time Spider-Man Took a Fall for Animal Rights in 1990 - October 21, 2018
- Marvel Comics Presents: The Time Namor Got Political About Pollution in 1989 - October 21, 2018