I’m incredibly happy Pacific Rim 2 is happening. It looked touch and go there for a little while for the franchise, but with somewhat of a side step, the film will be going forward with John Boyega starring and Steven S. DeKnight.
In fact, the film is going into production starting today, as revealed by Boyega himself on Instagram. Along with that, we now have the official name for the movie too:
Pacifc Rim Maelstrom.
Take a look:
The fact the sequel has forgone the ‘2’, my assumption is that this will really sever most ties with the last film, besides key events. We will have to see what details eek out though.
- Kingdom Hearts Gets Opening Cinematic With New Skrillex Collaboration - December 10, 2018
- Anthem Gets Story Trailer Showing Off Impressive Cutscenes - December 6, 2018
- Far Cry: New Dawn Shows Off Beautiful Post-Apocalypse World - December 6, 2018
- Ubisoft is Teasing a Nuclear Far Cry to be Revealed at The Game Awards - December 6, 2018
- Destiny 2’s Black Armory is a Bizarre First Week Experience as You Can’t Really Play It [Update] - December 5, 2018