Warner Bros have given in to fan demands and agreed to produce a third season of Young Justice, according to a report from ComicBook.com. The official announcement came with a post from WB and DC. There’s no network, release date, or pretty much anything from that poster, but that’s pretty big news in and of itself, isn’t it?
Canceled in 2013 after just two seasons, many believed Young Justice was killed before its prime – and they continued to believe that for years, with petitions, hashtags, and general clamoring for the show to return in any form to this day. Bleeding Cool most recently reported on the rumors of a third season back in August, but those rumors, or at least wishful thinking, have persisted pretty much since the show went off the air.
“The affection that fans have had for Young Justice, and their rallying cry for more episodes, has always resonated with us,” said Warner Bros. Animation bigwig Sam Register in a statement sent to every major press outlet other than Bleeding Cool. “We are excited to bring the show back for this loyal fanbase and to provide an opportunity for new viewers to discover this excellent series.”
Original producers Brandon Vietti and Greg Weisman are set to return for Season 3. Warner Bros allegedly launched a new website to promote the series, but it appears to have been crushed under the weight of traffic from long-scorned fans finally getting some love from the beloved canceled series gods.
- New GWAR OGN The Enormogantic Fail Revisits the Obliteration of Flab Quarv 7 - October 17, 2018
- R.I.P. ResurrXion? Weapon X Missing from Marvel’s January Solicits - October 16, 2018
- Finally, Chuck Austen’s Early X-Men Work Returns to Print at Marvel - October 16, 2018
- Is Ms. Marvel Cancelled? G. Willow Wilson Says It’s Just Taking a “Skip Month” - October 16, 2018
- Chuck Wendig’s Shadow of Vader Not Solicited for January… Has It Been Canceled Completely? - October 16, 2018