Ezra Miller‘s Flash might be in a bit of trouble at the moment, what with his solo movie just losing its director, but the character most certainly will be a feature in the upcoming Justice League.
Something that will be pretty important to get right about about the character will be, well… his running. Considering it is his key trait as a superhero, it has to look excellent. Speaking to Fox 5 DC (via Cinema Blend), Miller revealed the apparatus used to film the role. He said:
Sometimes they make me run. Which I was outraged because I thought, you know, playing The Flash, this will be great, you can’t see him running so this will be easy! No, no, Ezra, we need you to run.
We have this enormous treadmill that’s called, I think, The Tumblelator, that’s like 25 feet long, goes 45 miles per hour and its bouncy, like a trampoline. Pretty much a dream come true. Then, they strap me into a harness, we do all sorts of stuff.
What we’re creating is a vocabulary; where choreography meets visual effects. And what we’re trying to implement is a wide diversity of tactics of how we create these moments and… A lot of The Flash is his perception.
Well, at the very least, it seems pretty clear that they care about trying to get this right. That’s encouraging.
- Star Wars Battlefront 2’s Microtransactions to Return, but They Won’t Affect Gameplay - March 16, 2018
- Heroes of the Storm’s Next Character is StarCraft’s Fenix - March 16, 2018
- PUBG’s Mobile Port Spreads to the West as Beta Rolls Out to Canada - March 16, 2018
- The Crew 2 Finally Gets a Release Date, and It’s Coming This Summer - March 16, 2018
- Sea of Thieves Gets a Launch Trailer Showing Off Pirate-y Fun - March 16, 2018