Marvel are going hell for leather to bump up their marketshare towards the end of the fourth quarter of 2016. We looked at the immense number of exclusive retailer variants they had lined up for October and November.
But December takes this even further. A full eleven of them in one month.
POWER MAN AND IRON FIST: SWEET CHRISTMAS ANNUAL #1
GWENPOOL HOLIDAY SPECIAL: MERRY MIX-UP!
INHUMANS VS X-MEN #1
ROCKET RACCOON #1
Retailers are usually able to commission exclusive covers for such a comic from Marvel, paying a fee to the artist, then ordering 3000 copies or more, or 1500 of an additional black-and-white version, which they can then sell on for any price they wish…
- Who Will Be the First to Cosplay as Batman: Damned’s Homestuck Girl? - September 19, 2018
- Meet Xandra – the Daughter of Professor X and Lilandra Neramani - September 19, 2018
- How The First Page of Batman: Damned #1 Does Killing Joke, Dark Knight and Arkham Asylum In One - September 19, 2018
- Rick & Morty Return to the Cronenberg Dimension in Oni Press’ December 2018 Solicits - September 19, 2018
- Comedy Central’s #CancelSouthPark Ads Come to DC Comics - September 19, 2018