Marvel are going hell for leather to bump up their marketshare towards the end of the fourth quarter of 2016. We looked at the immense number of exclusive retailer variants they had lined up for October and November.
But December takes this even further. A full eleven of them in one month.
POWER MAN AND IRON FIST: SWEET CHRISTMAS ANNUAL #1
GWENPOOL HOLIDAY SPECIAL: MERRY MIX-UP!
INHUMANS VS X-MEN #1
ROCKET RACCOON #1
Retailers are usually able to commission exclusive covers for such a comic from Marvel, paying a fee to the artist, then ordering 3000 copies or more, or 1500 of an additional black-and-white version, which they can then sell on for any price they wish…
- Blackstar Warrior Gets an Explosive Trailer From Brown Sugar - June 23, 2018
- Nick Derington Drawing Brian Bendis’ Batman for Walmart Exclusive DC Comics - June 23, 2018
- 10 Things We Can Tell You About Ta-Nehisi Coates’ Captain America #1 With Leinil Yu - June 23, 2018
- UPS Strike Off, Comic Stores Spared Disruption - June 23, 2018
- Heavy Metal’s Taarna Gets a Funko POP, Exclusive at SDCC 2018 - June 23, 2018