Sure, Doctor Strange star Benedict Cumberbatch is hosting this week’s Saturday Night Live, the last one before the U.S. presidential election, but the most exciting news about the long-running sketch comedy show is that comedian Dave Chapelle is going to host the show the following week. SNL revealed the news on their official Twitter account:
— Saturday Night Live (@nbcsnl) November 4, 2016
It’s been ten years since Chappelle’s own self-titled Comedy Central sketch show left the airwaves, but it remains popular, and syndicated, to this day. Chappelle’s star power will boost an already highly anticipated episode, as the election cycle has seemingly reinvigorated SNL for the past year, and let’s face it, we’re all going to need a good laugh after election day. Could we see the return of some of the memorable sketches and characters from The Chappelle Show? Time heals all wounds, after all.
Maybe he’ll play a Trump supporter…
Chappelle will be joined by A Tribe Called Quest as the musical guest, less MC Phife Dawg, who passed away earlier this year. This will be the debut appearance on SNL for both Chappelle and A Tribe Called Quest.
- Bruce Lee Returns to Darby Pop for All-Ages ‘Walk of the Dragon’ - March 21, 2018
- Dark Horse to Collect Jennie Wood and Jeff McComsey’s Flutter in 1 Volume This October - March 21, 2018
- BOOM! to Publish Kara Leopard and Kelly and Nicole Matthews’ ‘Pandora’s Legacy’ - March 21, 2018
- Action Comics Writer Dan Jurgens Calls Out Fat People on Airplanes - March 21, 2018
- Storybook Romance Ends in Heartbreak as Strowman, Bliss Eliminated from WWE Mixed Match Challenge - March 21, 2018