WWE has officially announced the return of The Undertaker later this month for Smackdown Live’s 900th episode, airing on November 15, at the Mohegan Sun Arena in Wilkes-Barre, PA. The WWE legend hasn’t been seen on television since he defeated Shane McMahon in a Hell in the Cell match at Wrestlemania earlier this year, though photos of the 51-year-old wrestler using crutches to get around have been circulating around the web for the past few months, prompting speculation that he may be unable to compete in another match.
With Shane McMahon now the commissioner of Smackdown Live, it’s possible that The Undertaker is returning to continue their storyline. He could also be planning to get involved in the feud between Bray Wyatt, Randy Orton, and Kane, based on his history with all three. However, rumors that The Undertaker will face John Cena at next year’s Wrestlemania have been abundant as well, along with long shot hopes that he could face WWE Champion AJ Styles. Then again, it is a milestone episode after all, and perhaps The Undertaker will simply walk slowly to the ring for twenty minutes, chokeslam James Elsworth to the delight of the crowd, and return to his Texas home until sometime after the Royal Rumble.
— Mohegan Sun Arena PA (@MoheganSunArena) November 2, 2016
We’ll keep you updated on this story, provided Bleeding Cool’s readers don’t crucify me for writing about pro wrestling. Hey! It’s television!
- Impact Wrestling Co-Founder Jerry Jarrett Shares His Steamy Jim Cornette/Hillary Clinton Fanfic - May 26, 2018
- The Gentleman: Darkness of the Void – Pandering Horror to the Unrepresented - May 26, 2018
- BOOM! Studios and Natalie Nourigat Want to Teach You How to Break Into Animation - May 25, 2018
- Image Offers Unsold C2E2 Analog #1 Variants Now That It’s Being Adapted for Film - May 25, 2018
- Walking Dead Collectible Sparks Racism Controversy at North Carolina Credit Union - May 25, 2018