WWE has officially announced the return of The Undertaker later this month for Smackdown Live’s 900th episode, airing on November 15, at the Mohegan Sun Arena in Wilkes-Barre, PA. The WWE legend hasn’t been seen on television since he defeated Shane McMahon in a Hell in the Cell match at Wrestlemania earlier this year, though photos of the 51-year-old wrestler using crutches to get around have been circulating around the web for the past few months, prompting speculation that he may be unable to compete in another match.
With Shane McMahon now the commissioner of Smackdown Live, it’s possible that The Undertaker is returning to continue their storyline. He could also be planning to get involved in the feud between Bray Wyatt, Randy Orton, and Kane, based on his history with all three. However, rumors that The Undertaker will face John Cena at next year’s Wrestlemania have been abundant as well, along with long shot hopes that he could face WWE Champion AJ Styles. Then again, it is a milestone episode after all, and perhaps The Undertaker will simply walk slowly to the ring for twenty minutes, chokeslam James Elsworth to the delight of the crowd, and return to his Texas home until sometime after the Royal Rumble.
— Mohegan Sun Arena PA (@MoheganSunArena) November 2, 2016
We’ll keep you updated on this story, provided Bleeding Cool’s readers don’t crucify me for writing about pro wrestling. Hey! It’s television!
- Mark Millar Says DC Movies Fail Because the Characters Aren’t “Cinematic” - February 24, 2018
- In New Mini-Comic, Jughead Shows Archie How to Pre-Order Archie #29 Before FOC - February 24, 2018
- Hit-Girl #1 and Ice Cream Man #2 Get Second Printings - February 24, 2018
- Tenth Doctor Gets a Cover Collection from Titan in July - February 24, 2018
- Watch a Trailer for Peter Milligan and Colin Lorimer’s ‘The Prisoner’ Comic - February 24, 2018