Earlier this year, Mel Gibson revealed that he was asked to play Odin in the Marvel movie Thor.
Ever been approached to be in a superhero film?
Yeah, long time ago, to play Thor’s dad. But I didn’t do it.
Robert Downey Jr said he’d do Iron Man 4 if Mel Gibson was allowed to direct it.
DEADLINE: , I didn’t see a better movie and he was ignored and hasn’t directed since. Marvel badly wants Iron Man 4 and you’ve said you aren’t doing it. How about the idea you’ll do that movie if Mel directs it?
DEADLINE: Is that our headline?
DOWNEY: Why not? That movie would be bananas.
Well, it’s looking even less likely. Talking to the Washington Post, Marvel’s superhero movies were mentioned by Gibson.
Gibson laments what he sees as the “violence without conscience” of many modern films. “To talk about the violence question, look at any Marvel movie,” he says, dismissively. “They’re more violent than anything that I’ve done, but [in my movies,] you give a s— about the characters, which makes it matter more. That’s all I’ll say.”
That’s probably enough.
- Sadly Thor #4 is Not an Infinity Wars Crossover… - August 14, 2018
- Tim Pilcher Becomes Co-Owner Of Comics Publisher Soaring Penguin - August 14, 2018
- Former IDW Executive Hires Attorney Lisa Bloom - August 13, 2018
- Mark Waid Gets a New Rap Song About Him, Courtesy of Nocando - August 13, 2018
- Dark Horse to Publish the Art of How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World - August 13, 2018