Earlier this year, Mel Gibson revealed that he was asked to play Odin in the Marvel movie Thor.
Ever been approached to be in a superhero film?
Yeah, long time ago, to play Thor’s dad. But I didn’t do it.
Robert Downey Jr said he’d do Iron Man 4 if Mel Gibson was allowed to direct it.
DEADLINE: , I didn’t see a better movie and he was ignored and hasn’t directed since. Marvel badly wants Iron Man 4 and you’ve said you aren’t doing it. How about the idea you’ll do that movie if Mel directs it?
DEADLINE: Is that our headline?
DOWNEY: Why not? That movie would be bananas.
Well, it’s looking even less likely. Talking to the Washington Post, Marvel’s superhero movies were mentioned by Gibson.
Gibson laments what he sees as the “violence without conscience” of many modern films. “To talk about the violence question, look at any Marvel movie,” he says, dismissively. “They’re more violent than anything that I’ve done, but [in my movies,] you give a s— about the characters, which makes it matter more. That’s all I’ll say.”
That’s probably enough.
- DC Comics Cancel Orders For Batman: Creature Of The Night #4 – Will Return Later in 2019 - December 12, 2018
- Mark Seifert’s Marvel Declassified Returns on December 17th - December 12, 2018
- What Toys do People in the Marvel Universe Buy? Amazing Spider-Man #11 Reveals All - December 12, 2018
- Valiant Announces ‘Breakthrough’ Line-Up for 2019 - December 12, 2018
- Is Brian Azzarello Rewriting the Deaths of Thomas and Martha Wayne in Batman Damned? (Spoilers) - December 12, 2018