Earlier this year, Mel Gibson revealed that he was asked to play Odin in the Marvel movie Thor.
Ever been approached to be in a superhero film?
Yeah, long time ago, to play Thor’s dad. But I didn’t do it.
Robert Downey Jr said he’d do Iron Man 4 if Mel Gibson was allowed to direct it.
DEADLINE: , I didn’t see a better movie and he was ignored and hasn’t directed since. Marvel badly wants Iron Man 4 and you’ve said you aren’t doing it. How about the idea you’ll do that movie if Mel directs it?
DEADLINE: Is that our headline?
DOWNEY: Why not? That movie would be bananas.
Well, it’s looking even less likely. Talking to the Washington Post, Marvel’s superhero movies were mentioned by Gibson.
Gibson laments what he sees as the “violence without conscience” of many modern films. “To talk about the violence question, look at any Marvel movie,” he says, dismissively. “They’re more violent than anything that I’ve done, but [in my movies,] you give a s— about the characters, which makes it matter more. That’s all I’ll say.”
That’s probably enough.
- Dick Grayson is Now Called Ric Grayson as Fabian Nicieza Joins Scott Lobdell on Nightwing #51 - October 15, 2018
- The Full DC Comics Catalogue for January 2019 - October 15, 2018
- The Writer of Invictus Pens Graphic Novel, Mandela and the General - October 15, 2018
- Olivia Olson’s Marcy & Simon #1 Kicks Off Official Canon Continuation of Adventure Time in January - October 15, 2018
- The Future of Black Label at DC Comics – It’s All Stephen Colbert’s Fault? - October 15, 2018