There hasn’t been a lot of movement on The Gril With The Dragon Tattoo sequel or the Millenium series at all since the first film came out. David Fincher, Roony Mara and Daniel Craig all went on to other pastures, leaving the series up in the air.
Well, it seem like the franchise has some life in it yet. Variety are reporting that a sequel is on the cards and Sony with Fincher out, they want to secure Don’t Breathe director Fede Álvarez. What’s strange though, is that the next film wouldn’t be based on the second book in the series The Girl Who Played With Fire, but rather the recently released fourth, The Girl in the Spider’s Web. That one was written by David Lagercrantz and released last year.
It’s not said whether Mara or Craig are tipped to come back, but one would assume that has to be the plan. I’d be interested in seeing another film starring those two, even if this is a strange way to see a sequel go.
- Star Wars Battlefront 2’s Microtransactions to Return, but They Won’t Affect Gameplay - March 16, 2018
- Heroes of the Storm’s Next Character is StarCraft’s Fenix - March 16, 2018
- PUBG’s Mobile Port Spreads to the West as Beta Rolls Out to Canada - March 16, 2018
- The Crew 2 Finally Gets a Release Date, and It’s Coming This Summer - March 16, 2018
- Sea of Thieves Gets a Launch Trailer Showing Off Pirate-y Fun - March 16, 2018