There hasn’t been a lot of movement on The Gril With The Dragon Tattoo sequel or the Millenium series at all since the first film came out. David Fincher, Roony Mara and Daniel Craig all went on to other pastures, leaving the series up in the air.
Well, it seem like the franchise has some life in it yet. Variety are reporting that a sequel is on the cards and Sony with Fincher out, they want to secure Don’t Breathe director Fede Álvarez. What’s strange though, is that the next film wouldn’t be based on the second book in the series The Girl Who Played With Fire, but rather the recently released fourth, The Girl in the Spider’s Web. That one was written by David Lagercrantz and released last year.
It’s not said whether Mara or Craig are tipped to come back, but one would assume that has to be the plan. I’d be interested in seeing another film starring those two, even if this is a strange way to see a sequel go.
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Can Be Played in First-Person - September 20, 2018
- Call of Cthulhu Gets a Spooky New Gameplay Trailer - September 20, 2018
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout Could Have 100 Players as Capacity Increased to End Beta - September 18, 2018
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey is Coming to Nintendo Switch in Japan via Streaming - September 14, 2018
- Marvel’s Spider-Man Review: How the Spider Found His Spirit - September 14, 2018