There hasn’t been a lot of movement on The Gril With The Dragon Tattoo sequel or the Millenium series at all since the first film came out. David Fincher, Roony Mara and Daniel Craig all went on to other pastures, leaving the series up in the air.
Well, it seem like the franchise has some life in it yet. Variety are reporting that a sequel is on the cards and Sony with Fincher out, they want to secure Don’t Breathe director Fede Álvarez. What’s strange though, is that the next film wouldn’t be based on the second book in the series The Girl Who Played With Fire, but rather the recently released fourth, The Girl in the Spider’s Web. That one was written by David Lagercrantz and released last year.
It’s not said whether Mara or Craig are tipped to come back, but one would assume that has to be the plan. I’d be interested in seeing another film starring those two, even if this is a strange way to see a sequel go.
- Kingdom Hearts Gets Opening Cinematic With New Skrillex Collaboration - December 10, 2018
- Anthem Gets Story Trailer Showing Off Impressive Cutscenes - December 6, 2018
- Far Cry: New Dawn Shows Off Beautiful Post-Apocalypse World - December 6, 2018
- Ubisoft is Teasing a Nuclear Far Cry to be Revealed at The Game Awards - December 6, 2018
- Destiny 2’s Black Armory is a Bizarre First Week Experience as You Can’t Really Play It [Update] - December 5, 2018