There hasn’t been a lot of movement on The Gril With The Dragon Tattoo sequel or the Millenium series at all since the first film came out. David Fincher, Roony Mara and Daniel Craig all went on to other pastures, leaving the series up in the air.
Well, it seem like the franchise has some life in it yet. Variety are reporting that a sequel is on the cards and Sony with Fincher out, they want to secure Don’t Breathe director Fede Álvarez. What’s strange though, is that the next film wouldn’t be based on the second book in the series The Girl Who Played With Fire, but rather the recently released fourth, The Girl in the Spider’s Web. That one was written by David Lagercrantz and released last year.
It’s not said whether Mara or Craig are tipped to come back, but one would assume that has to be the plan. I’d be interested in seeing another film starring those two, even if this is a strange way to see a sequel go.
- Final Fantasy 7 Remake Director Says the Game was Announced too Early - June 25, 2018
- PC Version of Red Dead Redemption 2 Turns Up on Linkedin Profile - June 22, 2018
- Capcom Open to Streaming More Games Onto the Nintendo Switch - June 22, 2018
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey’s Female Protagonist Seems to be More Canon - June 22, 2018
- Dragon Ball FighterZ is Coming to Nintendo Switch This September - June 21, 2018