The live action Beauty and the Beast is going to be a pretty big deal when it releases.The animated version is one of the most popular in Disney’s back catalogue, and many will want to see its complex design realised.
It will be making some changes though. In their big reveal in Entertainment Weekly yesterday, there was a quote from Emma Watson about how Belle’s history has seen a bit of re-do. She explained:
In the animated movie, it’s her father who is the inventor, and we actually co-opted that for Belle. I was like, ‘Well, there was never very much information or detail at the beginning of the story as to why Belle didn’t fit in, other than she liked books. Also what is she doing with her time?’ So, we created a backstory for her, which was that she had invented a kind of washing machine, so that, instead of doing laundry, she could sit and use that time to read instead. So, yeah, we made Belle an inventor.
I think that is a really smart, character driven change, adding a fair bit to why she might be the way she is. I’m really rooting for this film to be excellent, and I think all the pieces are there. Just a case of executing on them now.
- F1 2015 is Free to Pick Up Right Now Thanks to Humble Bundle - March 23, 2018
- Detroit: Become Human Gets 3 Trailers to Show Off Its Protagonists - March 23, 2018
- Overwatch League: Dallas Fuel’s Tank Woes Continue as New Tank OGE is Suspended Before Even Arriving - March 23, 2018
- CD Projekt Red Working On AAA RPG Set to Release By 2021 (And it’s Not Cyberpunk 2077) - March 23, 2018
- PUBG is Getting Fortnite-Like Events That Will Consistently Change - March 22, 2018