According to the guide button on your cable remote, as first noticed by SpoilerTV, the fourth episode of this season of AMC’s The Walking Dead will run for eighty-five minutes. Titled “Service,” the extra long episode is expected to end in a frustrating cliffhanger, even with 25 minutes of additional time to tell its story. Additionally, the following episode will wait upwards of a half hour before finally resolving the cliffhanger, leaving just enough time to set up another cliffhanger at the end.
“Ha ha, suckers,” said showrunner Scott M. Gimple, I imagine, while coming up with the idea to string viewers along for an hour and a half with no payoff… again!
The official description of the episode is as follows:
The remaining members of the group try to keep it together in Alexandria; they receive a sobering visit.
Immediately after the episode airs, fans of the show are expected to flock to Reddit, where they will unanimously declare that they’re sincerely done with the show, for real this time, no, seriously, before returning the following week to repeat the same all over cycle. It’s a time-honored tradition amongst Walking Dead viewers. Yeah, I’ll be there too.
Created by Robert Kirkman and
Tony Moore Charlie Adlard, The Walking Dead airs on Sundays at 9PM on AMC.
- Fanboy Wrampage: Podcast One Drops Vince Russo Amidst Feud with Wrestling Journalists - March 22, 2018
- Sex, Violence, and X-Force in the New Deadpool 2 Trailer - March 22, 2018
- Bruce Lee Returns to Darby Pop for All-Ages ‘Walk of the Dragon’ - March 21, 2018
- Dark Horse to Collect Jennie Wood and Jeff McComsey’s Flutter in 1 Volume This October - March 21, 2018
- BOOM! to Publish Kara Leopard and Kelly and Nicole Matthews’ ‘Pandora’s Legacy’ - March 21, 2018