According to the guide button on your cable remote, as first noticed by SpoilerTV, the fourth episode of this season of AMC’s The Walking Dead will run for eighty-five minutes. Titled “Service,” the extra long episode is expected to end in a frustrating cliffhanger, even with 25 minutes of additional time to tell its story. Additionally, the following episode will wait upwards of a half hour before finally resolving the cliffhanger, leaving just enough time to set up another cliffhanger at the end.
“Ha ha, suckers,” said showrunner Scott M. Gimple, I imagine, while coming up with the idea to string viewers along for an hour and a half with no payoff… again!
The official description of the episode is as follows:
The remaining members of the group try to keep it together in Alexandria; they receive a sobering visit.
Immediately after the episode airs, fans of the show are expected to flock to Reddit, where they will unanimously declare that they’re sincerely done with the show, for real this time, no, seriously, before returning the following week to repeat the same all over cycle. It’s a time-honored tradition amongst Walking Dead viewers. Yeah, I’ll be there too.
Created by Robert Kirkman and
Tony Moore Charlie Adlard, The Walking Dead airs on Sundays at 9PM on AMC.
- BC Mailbag: Jason Aaron’s Thor, John Cena’s Vasectomy, And Zack Snyder’s Cut of Justice League - June 24, 2018
- David Lynch on Donald Trump: “He Could Go Down as One of the Greatest Presidents in History” - June 24, 2018
- Guardians of the Galaxy Director Vows to Resist Donald Trump Until His “Corrupt, Lying @#$ is Gone” - June 24, 2018
- X-ual Healing: Man-Groot-Thing vs. Hulkverine in Weapon H #4 - June 23, 2018
- X-ual Healing: Milking the Hunt for Wolverine in Claws of a Killer #2 - June 23, 2018