Probably because they gave a stack of them and want to slot in whichever is ready.
Well, Suicide Squad #7 out on November 30th will feature a backup story starring June Moone, a.k.a. Enchantress, written by Rob Williams with art by Christian Ward.
When a high ranking government official’s home is transformed by a demon into the mouth of Hell, Amanda Waller sends Enchantress in to plug the hole. But the witch-demon that inhabits June Moone’s body runs into an old friend, a monster from the deep who promises to free the Enchantress from Waller’s clutches once and for all!
While the main story by Rob Williams, Jim Lee and Scott Williams (and fair play for keeping that team together for seven twice-monthly issues, even on a reduced page count)
Part seven of “The Black Vault”. While Task Force X’s overseers debate the team’s purpose, the Suicide Squad gets a well-deserved day off-until the dark energies of the Black Vault drive everyone in Belle Reve Penitentiary to acts of violent, bloody madness. Everyone except the crown princess of crazy, Harley Quinn, who’s somehow been…cured?
And confirmed by the ODY-C/Ultimates artist himself.
Working on this Suicide Squad short with @Robwilliams71 has made me think I'd quite like to do a full blown supernatural horror comic
— Christian Ward (@cjwardart) October 31, 2016
With his editor letting us know who is coming next…
The next three SUICIDE SQUAD backup stories will be drawn by Carlos D'Anda, Christian Ward and Giuseppe Camuncoli! pic.twitter.com/7oQVUSF7Kl
— Andy Khouri (@andykhouri) October 28, 2016
- Tomorrow, DC Comics Publish Another Batman Comic With a Penis In It - September 25, 2018
- Terry Wiley’s Funeral is Today – So Here Are Some Sleaze Castle Pages - September 25, 2018
- Daily LITG – 25th September 2018 – Stotties All Round - September 25, 2018
- Mimi Cruz of Night Flight Comics Vs Comics Distribution - September 24, 2018
- Fat Jack’s Comicrypt Displays Crisis #8 Artwork For the First Time During Tom King’s Heroes In Crisis Signing - September 24, 2018