Probably because they gave a stack of them and want to slot in whichever is ready.
Well, Suicide Squad #7 out on November 30th will feature a backup story starring June Moone, a.k.a. Enchantress, written by Rob Williams with art by Christian Ward.
When a high ranking government official’s home is transformed by a demon into the mouth of Hell, Amanda Waller sends Enchantress in to plug the hole. But the witch-demon that inhabits June Moone’s body runs into an old friend, a monster from the deep who promises to free the Enchantress from Waller’s clutches once and for all!
While the main story by Rob Williams, Jim Lee and Scott Williams (and fair play for keeping that team together for seven twice-monthly issues, even on a reduced page count)
Part seven of “The Black Vault”. While Task Force X’s overseers debate the team’s purpose, the Suicide Squad gets a well-deserved day off-until the dark energies of the Black Vault drive everyone in Belle Reve Penitentiary to acts of violent, bloody madness. Everyone except the crown princess of crazy, Harley Quinn, who’s somehow been…cured?
And confirmed by the ODY-C/Ultimates artist himself.
Working on this Suicide Squad short with @Robwilliams71 has made me think I'd quite like to do a full blown supernatural horror comic
— Christian Ward (@cjwardart) October 31, 2016
With his editor letting us know who is coming next…
The next three SUICIDE SQUAD backup stories will be drawn by Carlos D'Anda, Christian Ward and Giuseppe Camuncoli! pic.twitter.com/7oQVUSF7Kl
— Andy Khouri (@andykhouri) October 28, 2016
- New England Comics Launches The Tick #0 For San Diego Comic-Con - June 20, 2018
- Catwoman #1 Cover Suggests She May Not Get Married to Batman - June 20, 2018
- The X-Men Gold #30 Wedding Issue Has Gone to Second Printing - June 20, 2018
- No More Issues of Cyborg: #23 Was Your Last, #24 and #25 Cancelled - June 20, 2018
- Rolled & Told from E.L. Thomas and Tristan J. Tarwater Launches in Lion Forge September 2018 Solicits - June 20, 2018