Saints, the debut comic written by playwright and This American Life contributor Sean Lewis with artist Benjamin Mackey, published by Image Comics, has been optioned for television. The lucky producers are Automatik, also known for the Freeform series Beyond and the films Sinister 2 and Lords Of Salem.
When a group of misfits discover themselves to be the reincarnations of Catholic saints, they must put aside their differences to battle the fallen angel Michael and his army of doomsday zealots.
Image will also be publishing Sean Lewis’ next series, The Few, with debut artist Hayden Sherman in January.
The Few follows Officer Hale, a soldier for a United States government that has cut ties with States deemed no longer useful. When Hale breaks protocol and intervenes to save a child from a massacre begun by one of these factions she is sent off in the woods running from militias, cults and extremists- not to mention the government she promised to serve.
Here’s a video trailer… well, you know. Someone might want to make a TV show out of that as well.
Lewis is an award winning playwright and This American Life commentator. THE FEW marks the debut of Hayden Sherman
- Caleb Goellner and Adam Bryce Thomas Create a Team Sonic Racing Comic - July 20, 2018
- John Byrne is Writing and Drawing His Own X-Men Fanfic Comic, Evermore - July 20, 2018
- Comixology Bestseller List, 20th July 2018: Of Course It’s Batman - July 20, 2018
- The Collectible Comic Creator Pins of San Diego Comic-Con 2018 - July 20, 2018
- Loot Crate Go Big on Rick & Morty and DC For July’s Mayhem Crates - July 20, 2018